WordRoll ES-Spanish/English Translation Dictionary
By TranCreative Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For a limited time, grab WordRoll ES for only 99 ¢.
We wouldn't call it a full dictionary but WordRoll ES can be your handiest and quickest Spanish/English reference in your pocket. It provides direct and precise word to word translations between Spanish and English.
Plus, everything is on one page, probably the longest page you will ever see. The page scrolls as you type right into the entry you look for. No selecting, no navigating, the content is there the moment you complete typing.
- 38,000 entries in each direction (English to Spanish and Spanish to English)
- Changing translation directions in one tap
- Two column scrolling page presents contents at a glance
Note: WordRoll ES does not require Internet connection to run.
Also check out the major update of WordBook English Dictionary & Thesaurus.
Other WordRoll apps are available for Dutch, Portuguese, French, German, Italian and Swedish.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Fast app switching for iOS 4
Too many wrong and obscure definitions
This is a good idea, but it has too many errors to rely on it.
1) A quick and easy interface
2) Landscape mode, which is very helpful for longer entries
3) Links to the excellent Word Reference web site, a big plus
1) Missing letters leave words unintelligible (the ñ seems to be missing a lot)
2) No capitalization
3) Many wrong definitions
4) Most importantly, too many obscure or archaic definitions for words that make no sense. This is a typical weird entry:
comer in English = comest/t.v./to eat in Spanish;
comer in Spanish = comic/corrode/eat/feed/lunch in English.
Or my favorite, ir = locomote (when was the last time you used that word?)
1) Rank definitions by most used, not alphabetically.
2) Add a shake feature to take you to a random entry for learning new words.
3) Edit the dictionary to make it really useful. (There are similar complaints on the other versions of WordRoll.)
4) Add articles for nouns.
As nothing material has changed in a long time, I guess the developer is happy with the app the way it is. Too bad.
Functional and entertaining.
Easy to locate and pull out the word you need. The app is blended so well with online dictionary. You can click the word to find out more information about it. I love both skins of the app, although the scroll skin look more appealing. For the price, it works like a charm.
A quick reference app!
This app was worth the money. No need wifi to load data and easy to pick out the word you need.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 21, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TranCreative Software
- © 2008 TranCreative LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.