Like all new church starts, WordServe began as an idea. During Nolan’s final semester of seminary, he heard a sermon on the first part of Acts 6, where the apostles say that it would not be right to neglect preaching the word of God in order to “wait on tables” (by serving food to the widows). Through a non-traditional reading of this passage, the pastor indicated that this isn’t a choice between preaching the Word or serving the world. As followers of Christ, we are called to do both.
While serving as a pastor in several churches following seminary, the idea that was planted in Nolan’s brain during that sermon began to grow. His calling to plant a church that was both shaped by God’s Word and serving God’s world was confirmed time and again.
In the summer of 2007, when Grace Fellowship invited Nolan and Susanna to come and start a new church in the greater Fulshearwest Katy area, WordServe changed from an idea into a reality.
Nolan and Susanna began building relationships and forming a “launch team” of dedicated people who would help get the new church started. From the beginning, it was important to model the concepts that would be essential to WordServe, so 9 people from the launch team went on an amazing mission trip to Peru in the summer of 2008. Following the mission trip, the team continued to grow. WordServe met for Bible study on a weekly basis, spent time reaching out into the community, and served the people around us in a variety of ways.
Even though weekly worship services officially began on February 1st, 2009, WordServe was a church long before that. We love hearing all the stories about lives changing because of Jesus, and we love guiding people to grow as joyful servants of Jesus! We hope you will come and join WordServe’s ongoing story. We can't wait to meet you!
WordServe App Features:
- Listen to Previous Sermons
- Submit a Prayer Request
- Directions, Contact Info and Click to Call
- Events with RSVP information
- Give Online
- Bible Text
- Take Notes During Sermons
- Follow Ministries of WordServe
- Howdy Apps LLC
- 69.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Howdy Apps LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.