WordService provides a large number of commands for working with selected text:
- Reformat text paragraphs
- Clean up tabs, quotes, line endings
- Remove unwanted text parts
- Sort lines or paragraphs
- Change case
- Shift paragraphs right or left
- Obscure using Rotate 13
- Insert date, time, or file path
- Get text statistics
Extend your favorite text processor, email app, or web browser with all the functions listed above.
- Sorting supports rich text and correctly sorts numbers.
- Initial caps of sentences capitalizes first word after paragraph separators or multiple line feeds too.
- Fixed an issue where "Initial caps of sentences" capitalized words after following semi-colons.
- Optimized for OS X Yosemite through macOS High Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
An Essential Toolset
In my day-to-day work, WordService saves time and tremendous hassle. Works without a hitch, I love it!
Fantastic Time Saver, But… One Request!
When I discovered this app a few years ago, it immediately changed my workflow for the better. I’m sure, if one were to add up all the time it has save me since then, it’s in the WEEKS, not hours or even days. If you deal with a lot of text, then this is a MUST HAVE app. But even if you occasionally need to edit text, it can still be a life saver. You can instantly transform text that would be a pain to do manually, and a nightmare if it became a repetitious task.
My one gripe/complaint is that WordService (as far as I can tell) lacks a way to transform lists/blocks of text. For example, as someone who does SEO work, I’m constantly dealing with lists of tags and keywords. Sometimes, they need to be all in one line separated by commas (tag 1,tag 2,tag 3,etc), other times on separate lines, like…
Depending on the app in question you’re using, you need one or the other, but it would be great if there were a way to instantly transform back and forth. Is there any way to implement this in WordService?
Anyway, I’m a long time DevonThink customer, and I’ve never complained about the cost of that software, as it is incredibly powerful and worth every penny. But that WordService is FREE says a lot about the Devon Technologies. They’re not just about the benjamins! Thanks, people. You rock! :-)
Thanks for making this very useful free app into 64 bit. I have been using Wordservice for many years.
- DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- 613 KB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2001–2018 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.