By Ballpoint Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2011 Rewind: Top 5 for iPhone Lifestyle Apps. Featured in New & Noteworthy, What's Hot, Staff Favorites, Banner Promotion in the Education Store. Rose to #1 in Lifestyle Paid Apps. Apple Education Store, volume discounts available.
Word Wit makes it fun and easy to learn — and remember — the difference between life's most vexing word choices. The goal: Never mix up those confusing words again! And when it comes to your writing, you'll have new confidence.
Word Wit presents learning in small bites, with complementary and mutually reinforcing parts:
- A list of commonly confused word pairs
- An incisive explanation
- A quote
- A quiz
WHO IS WORD WIT FOR?
- ELL (English Language Learners) and ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Adults who want to solidify their word usage knowledge
- Students and teachers (middle school and up) who want a fun classroom supplement
- Employees who need to improve their writing skills
- Schools or corporations interested in remedial or supplemental writing tools for everyone
READ & LEARN
Enjoy "leafing through" Word Wit. Find words that are tricky for you. See how we explain even pairs you think you know.
Word mavens, you may think you already know every confusing word pair in this basic list. But — can you Master It in the quiz?
- Quiz questions are designed to deepen your sense of the word pair's differences.
- Wrong answers cycle back so you can try again.
- Plans are in the works for free upgrades with more content and more game features. Stay tuned!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU: Ballpoint is committed to our users, and to making the Learning and Play features compelling. Can we improve a description? Got a juicier quote? Do you have ideas for advancing the game?
As you Learn and Play with Word Wit, we invite you to tell us what you think via email: email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.9.1
Updated for iOS7 with more responsive App and some UI Tweaks.
iPad Air — CRASH! I want my money back!
It is a great idea and I would use it as a quick reference tool. The app opens fine and you can select and use it to look up one thing but... try looking up a new word or do something else... IT WON'T because it is FROZEN and CRASHED. Sure you can QUIT the app (I don't mean close the window- I mean QUIT which is a hassle) and re-open it and do one more thing before it crashes again and again an again and so on. Let me know when you have it fixed!
IOS 8 not working on IPhone now
I love Word Wit. Great app. It currently doesn’t work on my iPhone but does work on my iPad. But I don’t always have my iPad with me so its really is a bummer. Please fix the iPhone problem. Thanks!
Adequate not flashy
This app works for someone who does no
not want a sophisticated game. As a game it is only fair but I am enjoying
learning about commonly confused words. There seem to be some bugs
such as sentences in their definitions pages that get cut off when there is
limited space. I have an iPhone 5 and haven't had any crashes such as other reviewers. Bottom line I
can't complain for a $1 game and I plan to purchase their other spin game of commonly confused phrases when I finish this game.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 08, 2013
- Version: 1.9.1
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ballpoint, Inc.
- © Ballpoint, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.