Workouts++ lets you completely customize your Apple Watch workouts to display whatever fitness data you'd like — from a 6 metric display packed with info to a focused single metric display. For each metric you can setup conditional coloring and haptic alerts to help keep you in the zone. You can even display graphs of your performance to help you understand how well your workout is going.
You can view detailed statistics for all of your past workouts (whether you've collected them in Workouts++ or not). This includes summary statistics as well as graphs showing available minute-by-minute performance statistics.
Your lifetime stats are also summarized to give you a better idea of what your past performance looks like and how/when you typically workout.
You can also listen to podcasts during your workout played directly from your Apple Watch. Either transfer podcast files over to your Apple Watch before you head out or if you have a Series 3 LTE Apple Watch with cellular service you can stream the episodes right to your Apple Watch.
• Workouts++ requires an Apple Watch to collect the data it displays
• Workouts++ integrates with the Health App on your iPhone to retrieve the data it displays. It will request permission to access the relevant data types associated with a workout.
• Streaming podcasts requires an Series 3 LTE Apple Watch and active cellular service.
This is a bit of a 'kitchen-sink' update fixing and improving things throughout the app. The highlights are:
- Better handling of saved workout routes to ensure they get synced over more consistently
- Faster Heart Rate sampling
- Support for *every* activity type that the Apple Watch can support (75 in total)
- Add optional countdown timer to the start of your workout (configurable per workout)
- Re-lock workout on resume when Auto-Lock enabled
- Add zoom option for heart rate charts, especially interesting when using Bluetooth monitor
- Add support for hardware pause/resume gesture (quick press both crown and side button)
- Lots and lots and lots of little bug fixes.
I hope you like it!
Ratings and Reviews
"Start Outdoor Walking workout in Workouts++."
Revsd Review: update is a downgrade
Downgrade 4 stars to 2. So disappointed. Update seems to have changed algorithm or perhaps how data is written to apple heath. I have several workout routines I've been tracking for years with a couple of different great devices. I prefer devices that simply allow me isolate a period of time and record the activity w/in that period. I don't need the data manipulated to ‘encourage’ me to work harder, which is why I don't use the Apple Workout app and why I nearly returned the Apple Watch for a refund.
With this update, my usual 5mile run now reports significantly lower ‘exercise’ minutes and lower ‘move’ calorie burn data. If this app is simply going to mimic the big brother algorithm of the Apple Activity app and Apple Workout app, theres no point to it.
Really disappointed, hope it gets fixed soon.
Original Review: It’s been surprising to discover how many standard issue Apple made watch apps aren’t home runs. Fortunately there are bright minds hard at work to fill in the gaps, this app is a perfect example!
In its current incarnation however, it’s buggy, doesn’t always save workouts and reaching out to customer support for guidance/troubleshooting has proven pointless. So, we’ll wait and hope the Developer stays interested in the app and resolving bugs. I hope they do, because its terrific - kept me from returning my Apple watch series3 to go back to my Fitbit.
Really good bug fix update
This was a good bug fix update. My review below stays the same but no more bugs. I'm still really loving this app. It's a great tool for run training.
V1 review: Worthy of the ++ designation
Forget flashy design and marketing. The developer understands runners and training. This app is a cut above the stock workouts app and offers functionality that is missing from the big name running apps.
The ability to customize the interface is nice, but haptic feedback and dynamic color changes for run metrics put it over the top! I have wanted an app that allowed for speed zone and heart rate zone training on the watch. I haven't been this excited about an app in quite some time. Now my AppleWatch is a real training tool!
There are some minor interface bugs and glitches. You can setup multiple interfaces with the same name. If you do the iPhone app will not maintain a consistent sort order and the watch interface will flicker on launch. I assume these will be fixed in future versions. There are no major bugs. This is a great app
I have two hopes for a future release. 1) Allow for more zones on the pace and heart rate sliders. 2) Add a metric for cadence.
- Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- 19.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.