World Bank MacroStats to Go
By The World Bank Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WB MacroStats to Go is an app that provides a combination of innovation, simplicity and portability which truly makes economic information available at your fingertips. The app draws from the Bank Group’s Open Data initiative and has been specifically designed for mobile platforms (iPhone, iPad, Android devices) to present macroeconomic information in a new way. It features a visual and dynamic representation of the data you need. The app presents all the key macroeconomic indicators (ranging from gross domestic product structure to fiscal, balance of payments or poverty data) to provide users with the ability to quickly analyze, categorize, compare, and track any country in the world.
There are four distinguished features that add value to the World Bank’s current product portfolio:
• WB MacroStats combines data access on the go with an appealing visual analysis. The app was exclusively designed for mobile platforms, and it features dynamic bubble charts and customizable tables that can be easily exported by the user. • WB MacroStats uses a simple algorithm with two customizable criteria (per default, GDP per capita and population) and adjustable weights that allows for the automatic selection of peer countries.
• The app is automatically populated with the latest data available by connecting to the World Development Indicators API. Once the data is loaded to the app, no internet connection is needed.
• In addition, the app provides the user with up-to-date World Bank projections for key economic variables such as GDP growth and Current Account Deficits.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Sharing content in Social Networks option implemented.
- Chinese and French language options included
- Minor issues fixed
Sideways and way too many buttons. Good data but nothing but a headache to use.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 04, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The World Bank Group
- © The World Bank Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.