World Development Report 2013
By World Bank
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The World Development Report (WDR) 2013 App for iPad makes this key World Bank flagship on jobs accessible and mobile. It lets you easily find all major discussions as well as separate boxes, tables, maps, and figures by key message, region, topic, or several dozen keywords such as “job creation,” “unemployment,” “labor market,” and “policy making.”
The app also contains additional material—some created specifically for this product—to supplement the report and its findings. With full-screen viewing of figures as well as sharing and “favorites” features, the WDR 2013 App for iPad enables development professionals, journalists, students, CSOs, researchers, and anyone interested in understanding the connection between jobs and economic and social development to get the most out of this year’s WDR.
- Browse and search the WDR text, tables, figures, maps, and boxes by:
-- Key message
- Jump to separate tables, figures, maps, and boxes in the Data tab.
- Tap figures, tables, and maps to view in full-screen.
- Access the report more traditionally by means of a complete PDF.
- Access a wealth of supplementary material, including:
-- Overview in 8 languages
-- Main Messages in 8 languages
-- Data Resources on Jobs
-- Multimedia content
- Share content on social networks, save, and email your favorites.
- Cite selections using citation information provided at the top of each section.
The WDR has been produced on an annual basis since 1978 and is the World Bank’s major analytical publication. This edition looks at the connection betweens jobs and economic and social development. Jobs are at the top of the development agenda, and everyone from policy makers and business leaders to academics and activists is asking difficult questions. This edition offers answers to some of these questions by looking at jobs as drivers of development.
This report was very informative and was a great read. It was also much shorter than the ones before it which made it easier to understand.
- Category: Reference
- Released: Jan 15, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 182 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: World Bank
- © The World Bank Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.