World of Empires is a 4X turn based strategy game.
Search for technologies, build armies and elevate your civilization to be the master of the world.
Current content :
- Procedural world generation with customization
- Map Editor
- Multiplayer in a LAN and Online
- Chat with your friends
- 26 civilizations and custom abilities
- Commercial exchange
- 54 troops
- 82 buildings
- 14 Terrain improvements
- 81 Technologies
- Basic happiness
- Civilization Score
- Save your progression locally, on DropBox, on "World of Empires" Server
- Translated in french, english, german, russian, spanish, portuguese, chinese, korean, italian, polish, turkish and japanese
- In-App Purchase : Pay the game as you wish
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/newsoftvision
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any suggestion.
Fixed some bugs in Multiplayer parties
The version 2.0 is out and available on App Store, look for "World of Empires 2".
Ratings and Reviews
Best Free Game I Own
This is NOT a bought review. This game is seriously fun, and is the closest civ knockoff I have ever encountered on the App Store! Yeah, the controls can be a little difficult to get used to at first, but it is easy to learn quickly. The tech tree I do admit is quite glitchy and not very intuitive, but I know that can easily be fixed in an update. I do agree that having troops be upgraded based on the amount of kills would be a fantastic idea! Also, troop speed is VERY slow... something that I wish was fixed. If instead of a 2 square average, perhaps 3 might make things more playable? A good 70% of this game is moving troops, especially on the large map. I think the diplomacy screen could use some updating. Adding embassies, declarations of alliances, and other things might make the game even better. Lastly, I think the satellite tech should reveal the whole map, aka get rid of the fog of war... just a thought! Overall though, I cannot stress enough how great of a rip-off this game is from civ... I love it! Free, and super fun! 5-Stars!
I do not normally write reviews and when I do they are not generally positive but this game is worthy of all five stars. This game is very similar to Civilization but in my opinion took the direction of the civ games and went much further. You can decide on how large of a map to play on and decide what types of resources are seeded in the world. This game doesn’t cost anything to play and does not bombard you with ads. I wish these creators the best and hope they continue with their amazing work and make this game even better then it already is by adding even more features to the already impressive options that exist. This game can be saved and you can come back anytime.
Better than Civ Rev
I stumbled across this game completely by accident, unfortunately it’s well hidden.
I’ve been playing Civilization since it first came out. I’ve played countless hours on every version, including Civ Rev 1 & 2 on my iPhone. If I had to peg this one it would be a Civ 3 clone, which is a blessing due to the introduction of workers and territory.
I like it better than Civ Rev for so many reasons. Mostly because you can play for unlimited turns and you have much more control of the map and rules. To me that is the fun part of playing civilization, tweaking the map and players to create a fun and challenging game - something you cannot really do in Civ Rev.
This game still seems to be in development. There are definitely a few things that are slightly broken or inconvenient, but nothing that stops me from playing. For example: workers don’t auto build roads and don’t auto sleep, spying seems needlessly complex and appears to be the only way the computer acts aggressively, auto explore always heads directly to the NE corner first, resources don’t seem to be usable across your civilization, and map size selection seems to have no effect.
- Bruno Fargnoli
- 184.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- 2017 © Bruno Fargnoli
- In-App Purchases
- Donate 1.0 $0.99
- Donate 2.0 $1.99
- Donate 5.0 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.