World Series of Poker - WSOP Free Texas Holdem
By Playtika LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join millions around the world – Play the #1 poker app for FREE!
The most prestigious poker brand raises the stakes with THE authentic poker experience on your iPhone or iPad. Compete to win the ultimate prize in poker; your very own WSOP Bracelet! Do you have what it takes to become a champion?
● FREE CHIPS EVERY 4 HOURS – Only at the World Series of Poker!
● WSOP BRACELETS – Fill up your Collectors’ Chip collections & win the most prestigious prize in poker; the WSOP Bracelet.
● TEXAS HOLD’EM TOURNAMENTS – Win multi-level Texas Hold’em tournaments to earn WSOP rings and climb the leaderboard! What’s more fun than being #1?
● EXCLUSIVE EVENTS – Return daily to experience new game modes, free chip events and more, for FREE!
● POKER STATISTICS – Improve your game with the most extensive stats’ tracking in any poker app!
● TEXAS HOLD’EM OR OMAHA – Your choice!
● PLAY LIVE WITH FRIENDS – Invite your friends to play and make it a poker night anytime, anywhere.
● CONTINUOUS PLAY – Start playing poker on your iPhone or iPad and continue on PlayWSOP.com or Facebook with the same bankroll.
● GUEST MODE – Rock the tables and play Texas Hold’em or Omaha anonymously. Don’t be afraid to bluff!
● FACEBOOK CONNECT BONUS – Pad your bankroll with $15,000 additional chips when you connect your account to Facebook. Start your journey to become a World Series of Poker VIP!
● SLOTS MINI-GAME – Spin and win chips in between hands with the slot machine.
WE’D LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK!
Connect with us on Facebook (http://bit.ly/WSOP_Fanpage) and on Twitter (http://bit.ly/TwitterWSOP).
This product is intended for use by those 21 or older for amusement purposes only.
Practice or success at social casino gaming does not imply future success at real money gambling.
This product does not offer real money gambling or an opportunity to win real money or prizes.
What's New in Version 2.14.0
● NEW Momentum Event – A new way for you to earn Bracelets faster. Coming soon!
● Holiday Treats – Come back daily for surprises throughout the holiday season.
● Active Effects – Check out all of your active boosts with just one click!
Lowering my rating. *REALLY GETTING TIRED* of all the click throughs I have to make to get to play. I get it, you want people to buy chips. Some people will waste their money buying chips. Not ever me. Now I'm being pestered to login via Facebook or Play as Guest. All this along with the unrealistic poker hands and 'players' who have likely never played a hand of real poker. Also tired of drive by hit and run people trying to double their stake, with 2-7 off suit nonetheless. A decently functioning game very poorly executed.
I have experienced the similar issues people are reporting. Nagware every time it starts up, quick blind increases and unrealistic hands just about every round. The most frustrating issue to me are the people who jump into the game to immediately go all in trying to make a hit and run. It happens way too much. And then I notice that many of the people playing have no concept of poker fundamentals, betting and strategy. But unfortunately maybe you don't need these when you get unrealistic hands each time and "hit and run" people. The game generally function well. Getting free chips is generally fine. But this isn't poker.
Great game with few caveats
This game is infuriating: First, there is far too much "nagware", constantly nagging me to buy stuff, post junk on FB, etc. and even if you turn off FB updates, the nagware alerts make it far too easy to accidentally turn on updates. The practice of turning on Facebook updates when you really don't want them is unethical, IMHO. Also, there are occasionally dialogs that pop up, nagging me to claim my rewards and when I proceed (I can't dismiss this pop-up; I can only proceed) it says "you already claimed this reward": Well don't bloody nag me to proceed to do something that I can do. OMG, how annoying!
Second, let me pick my own profile photo. The built-in avatars are lame and my only other choice is to use my FB photo. Let me pick whatever photo I want.
Third, and I suspect this is true with any game where no real money is involved, play here is dominated by chuckleheads that are constantly going "all in" with complete rags. At higher levels, this problem is diminished, but still happens. It's like playing a constant game of heads and tails (but playing it against multiple people at the same time). Sure, I can just tighten up and pick where I go in, but there's no subtlety in the quality of play.
Not really poker - blinds are ridiculous
I'll start by saying that barring a lot of pop up ads asking you to buy in game products, the game does function fairly well. It looks clean and is fast paced and while there is reason to believe the algorithm isn't really random (way more straights and flushes than I've ever seen in poker), the app does work.
So why the one star? The blinds go up way too fast and go way too high. In just a short time the blinds can be so high that they take half your stack! I've never heard of a poker tournament ending in five minutes. Because of this fatal flaw, it's impossible to play patiently or learn your opponents' styles. You mine as well throw strategy out the window and just go all in. It ruins the tournament play and makes the game practically unplayable.
My recommendation? Make it so the blinds only go up after a player is eliminated. This ensures that the blinds are still big enough to encourage playing but does not ruin the experience or prevent good matches or patient play from happening. If this is implemented I would greatly increase the score. As it stands, it's impossible to really play this app if you have any appreciation for actual poker.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 28, 2016
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Playtika LTD
- © Playtika LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3,150,000 Chips$2.99
- 10,080,000 Chips$5.99
- Respin Package$0.99
- 1 Paris 2nd round entry$0.99
- 13,440,000 Chips$5.99
- 4,200,000 Chips$2.99
- 2,100,000 Chips$2.99
- 90,720,000 Chips$17.99
- 120,960,000 Chips$17.99
- 151,200,000 Chips$17.99