World Series of Poker - WSOP Free Texas Holdem
By Playtika LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join millions around the world – Play the #1 poker app for FREE!
The most prestigious poker brand raises the stakes with THE authentic poker experience on your iPhone or iPad. Compete to win the ultimate prize in poker; your very own WSOP Bracelet! Do you have what it takes to become a champion?
● FREE CHIPS EVERY 4 HOURS – Only at the World Series of Poker!
● WSOP BRACELETS – Fill up your Collectors’ Chip collections & win the most prestigious prize in poker; the WSOP Bracelet.
● TEXAS HOLD’EM TOURNAMENTS – Win multi-level Texas Hold’em tournaments to earn WSOP rings and climb the leaderboard! What’s more fun than being #1?
● EXCLUSIVE EVENTS – Return daily to experience new game modes, free chip events and more, for FREE!
● POKER STATISTICS – Improve your game with the most extensive stats’ tracking in any poker app!
● TEXAS HOLD’EM OR OMAHA – Your choice!
● PLAY LIVE WITH FRIENDS – Invite your friends to play and make it a poker night anytime, anywhere.
● CONTINUOUS PLAY – Start playing poker on your iPhone or iPad and continue on PlayWSOP.com or Facebook with the same bankroll.
● GUEST MODE – Rock the tables and play Texas Hold’em or Omaha anonymously. Don’t be afraid to bluff!
● FACEBOOK CONNECT BONUS – Pad your bankroll with $15,000 additional chips when you connect your account to Facebook. Start your journey to become a World Series of Poker VIP!
● SLOTS MINI-GAME – Spin and win chips in between hands with the slot machine.
WE’D LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK!
Connect with us on Facebook (http://bit.ly/WSOP_Fanpage) and on Twitter (http://bit.ly/TwitterWSOP).
This product is intended for use by those 21 or older for amusement purposes only.
Practice or success at social casino gaming does not imply future success at real money gambling.
This product does not offer real money gambling or an opportunity to win real money or prizes.
What's New in Version 2.14.0
● NEW Momentum Event – A new way for you to earn Bracelets faster. Coming soon!
● Holiday Treats – Come back daily for surprises throughout the holiday season.
● Active Effects – Check out all of your active boosts with just one click!
Great game with few caveats
This game is infuriating: First, there is far too much "nagware", constantly nagging me to buy stuff, post junk on FB, etc. and even if you turn off FB updates, the nagware alerts make it far too easy to accidentally turn on updates. The practice of turning on Facebook updates when you really don't want them is unethical, IMHO. Also, there are occasionally dialogs that pop up, nagging me to claim my rewards and when I proceed (I can't dismiss this pop-up; I can only proceed) it says "you already claimed this reward": Well don't bloody nag me to proceed to do something that I can do. OMG, how annoying!
Second, let me pick my own profile photo. The built-in avatars are lame and my only other choice is to use my FB photo. Let me pick whatever photo I want.
Third, and I suspect this is true with any game where no real money is involved, play here is dominated by chuckleheads that are constantly going "all in" with complete rags. At higher levels, this problem is diminished, but still happens. It's like playing a constant game of heads and tails (but playing it against multiple people at the same time). Sure, I can just tighten up and pick where I go in, but there's no subtlety in the quality of play.
Not really poker - blinds are ridiculous
I'll start by saying that barring a lot of pop up ads asking you to buy in game products, the game does function fairly well. It looks clean and is fast paced and while there is reason to believe the algorithm isn't really random (way more straights and flushes than I've ever seen in poker), the app does work.
So why the one star? The blinds go up way too fast and go way too high. In just a short time the blinds can be so high that they take half your stack! I've never heard of a poker tournament ending in five minutes. Because of this fatal flaw, it's impossible to play patiently or learn your opponents' styles. You mine as well throw strategy out the window and just go all in. It ruins the tournament play and makes the game practically unplayable.
My recommendation? Make it so the blinds only go up after a player is eliminated. This ensures that the blinds are still big enough to encourage playing but does not ruin the experience or prevent good matches or patient play from happening. If this is implemented I would greatly increase the score. As it stands, it's impossible to really play this app if you have any appreciation for actual poker.
Started out as a lot of fun, and eventually ran into a terrible, shady experience. I really liked the game and eventually made several in app purchases to get more chips. (You don't have to, you can get some free every day). After I while I decided I wasn't going to purchase chips anymore, because people will go all-in every hand and makes it frustrating to play. Eventually, I ran out of chips and did Not purchase more, however the next day there were 30 million chips in my bankroll. I wanted to make sure I wasn't charged for those 30 million chips, so I went back and looked at the history of my chips purchases, and it there were several instances where I was charged multiple times, but on different days. Since it didn't really follow an obvious pattern of immediate duplicate charges there is really no way for me to prove my case. And there is still no explanation for why 30 million chips randomly showed up in my bankroll. I submitted a ticket, but never got a reply so it has me really creeped out. Started off as a fun experience, and turned into a "real-life" bad experience. Making sure to delete my credit card from the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 28, 2016
- Version: 2.14.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Playtika LTD
- © Playtika LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3,150,000 Chips$2.99
- 10,080,000 Chips$5.99
- Respin Package$0.99
- 1 Paris 2nd round entry$0.99
- 13,440,000 Chips$5.99
- 4,200,000 Chips$2.99
- 2,100,000 Chips$2.99
- 90,720,000 Chips$17.99
- 120,960,000 Chips$17.99
- Booster Package$2.99