By Penpower Technology Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Wall Street Journal recommends it to all professionals. Grab it, manage your contacts.
◆ Awards and Laurels ◆
- Named Best Mobile App OCR by 2010 MOBI Awards
- Winner of the CTIA 2010 E-Tech Award for Mobile Applications - Pro-sumer/Business Productivity
- Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Business category in 194 countries
- Ranked #1 Business app in US App Store
- Ranked #1 Business Card Scanning application in Macworld.com
- The preferred business card management tool of mobile phone developers like HTC, telecommunications companies such as CHT/Taiwan Mobile and CRM developers like JustSystems
- Over 20 million users worldwide
◆ Testimonials ◆
- “For scanning business cards onto your iPhone, WorldCard Mobile stands out.” – Macworld
- “I’ve always been skeptical about contact capturing technologies…but I’m an overnight convert - [WorldCard Mobile] changed my outlook (pun intended).” - Bill French, iPhone CTO
- “WorldCard Mobile accurately read and sorted fax and mobile numbers, even when the cards labels used short-hand.” - Bob Tedeschi, New York Times
◆ App Description ◆
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to users' native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
◆ Why WorldCard Mobile? ◆
- Capture business cards anytime & anywhere.
- Capture business card images with the iPhone’s camera.
- Recognition of 25 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico), Turkish, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese,Japanese, Korean.
- Sort recognized information by name, position, company, phone number, fax number, address or other fields.
◆ Manage contacts easily ◆
- View and manage contact info with Card holder function. Make a phone call, send SMS and email to your contacts directly.
- Provide nearby contacts function help you visit contacts easily
- Select partially and recognize the specific area that contains the correct data.
- Find your contacts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Expand your social and professional networks.
- Sync with Google Contacts and manage your contacts seamlessly.
- Support cover flow function in landscape mode
◆ Smart functions for your business *
- Exchange contact data through Open In, Mail and iTunes File Sharing. Import/export or backup your data on Mac/Windows quickly and conveniently.
- Share or backup your contacts via cloud services (iCloud / Dropbox). Manage your contacts on all devices, such as Mac or Windows PC.
- Recognize QR code to get more information easily.
- Copy email signatures and add them to your contact lists.
What's New in Version 7.3.5
- Bug fixes.
Deleted — Again
I had used World Card for several years. It isn't perfect, but it has been a quick way to get business cards into my iPhone contacts, which in turn synchronize with Outlook. I was reasonably pleased with the way it worked. In the latest update, I was asked for permission to sync my Gmail contacts which I did not wish to do. It gave me no choice in the matter. As a result, I deleted the app from my phone because I have no interest in allowing it undefined access to other applications. Because the app gave me no choice, and I had no idea what it would do with data from my Gmail contacts, I considered the security risk unacceptable.
When this was fixed and I noted that it now worked with iOS 11, I decided to give it another try. I just spent 30 min trying to scan 2 cards. The first wouldn’t auto crop. Finally it did. The second I never could get it to recognize, probably because the text is written in the opposite direction as usual.
After being fooled twice, I am going to buy another app.
Upgrade to google+?
Tried the app after a couple years from last time. Tried to synch with google contacts. It asked me to upgrade to google+ and redirected me to a google page in Chinese. Must be a scam
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 7.3.5
- Size: 65.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Penpower Inc.
- ©2009-2017 Penpower Technology Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.