WOSU Public Media App
By WOSU Public Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WOSU Public Media App:
The WOSU App allows you to watch and listen to all of WOSU’s programs, Radio and TV!
The app provides On-Demand content of all your favorite shows, live streaming of the radio channels, PBS Kids! content with parental controls, easy access to the live Radio and TV program schedule plus the ability to explore additional content!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off. Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WOSU even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing. Watch PBS programs easily from your device, no matter where you are.
• Integrated WOSU TV and Radio program schedules
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another channel with a single click.
• Listen to WOSU in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WOSU’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When accessing programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen/watch the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WOSU Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WOSU Public Media App is brought to you by the people at WOSU and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WOSU Public Media by becoming a member today!
What's New in Version 3.7.33
Improvements based upon listener feedback
Stops a LOT
I love WOSU stations 89.7 and 101.1 and was happy when I found the app so I could listen outside of my car. Sadly the app stops the stream fairly often, like within a few minutes and unless I press the play button again it won't start back up on its own. Gets rather annoying having to pull out my phone to push play again. Be nice if they used some of the money they get from drives (which I am a sustaining member of) to get a good app team to fix/build this app up to par. But I reckon I'll just purchase a battery powered radio until someone fixes the app. They still make those right?
Works very well
Streams well for me. I do have high speed broadband. Like that shows appear quickly after being broadcast.
The app stops throughout the day, requiring restarting the app or rebooting my iPad. It gets irritating when the app will not restart after several attempts. The app does provide beautiful melodies which help brighten and manage my day, when it's working properly.