Wots (Word on the Street) for Residents is an app that let's you report issues directly to the police department. When you call in an issue to the police department, information is second or even third hand by the time the responding officer receives the complaint. Wots sends issues directly to available responding law enforcement officers, by pinpionting the precise location of the issue and allowing you to give pictures and detailed descriptions. Moreover Wots let's you know when the officer is on the way and when the issue has been closed. Currently available only in Jersey City, NJ.
With Wots for Residents:
- Users can report quality of life, crime and traffic and parking issues
- Issues are pinpointed to either an address or a precise GPS location
- Users can upload images and supply additional information to help officers locate and resolve issues
- Users are automatically directed to call 911 if for issues that require emergency response
- Responding law enforcement officials can reach out directly by calling you when they need more information
- Information sent by you to law enforcement cannot be seen by anyone outside of law enforcement
Check out our latest update, where we’ve made some improvements. Thanks for using!
Ratings and Reviews
Misdirection to call 911
The quality of life issues often misdirect to the user to call 911 for non emergency issues like public consumption. That needs to be addressed. Response times by police are also incredibly long, but that may be a local problem.
Fantastic app. Lots of location issues though. Addresses are never precise and cannot be input manually.
Works well on traffic Issues. Sometimes freezes. Has a tendency to direct non-emergency calls to 911 that’s not good! Not a consistent operation but overall a very valuable and useful tool.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.