WPTV NewsChannel 5 in West Palm Beach delivers relevant local, community and national news, including up-to-the minute weather information, breaking news, and alerts throughout the day.
When you open our app, you’ll know what’s going on right now and what’s important to your local area.
We've improved the experience with an intuitive layout and simplified navigation. News, weather and video are just a tap away.
Our favorite feature is the weather section. Not only do we deliver hourly and daily forecasts, we give you the most updated severe weather information in an instant.
• Breaking news alerts and stories
• Brand new weather section, with hourly and daily forecasts
• Live streaming video
• Fast and easy to use
• We are excited to offer a Premium ad-free experience for purchase within the app for $1.99/month or $10.99/year. The subscription removes all in-app ads, including pre-roll video. Linked content displayed in a web-view is not included. Thanks for supporting local journalism!
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
We're committed to continually improving our user experience, so please let us know how we're doing by leaving a review in the App Store.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• We fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds in stories to not load correctly.
• Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I Hate Wasted Time
This app purports to have an "over-the-air" feature where you can access broadcast content in real time. That's also what was said in the promo which aired many times on the lead up to Hurricane Irma. Part of the pitch was that if you download the app you can watch on a personal device even after the power goes out.
On opening it you are, in fact, presented with a YouTube-style video interface which says something like "WATCH LIVE." This is complete bunk! When the video finally loaded what we saw was from four hours earlier (per WPTV's own time display at the screen's bottom right). What's more there was no slider to advance or rewind the video.
I tried it again this morning when there were no threatening conditions and much less demand, one would think. Same results, except now the delay was over twelve hours! Full disclosure - No other station has anything better to offer.
What really burns me is how all these stations represent themselves as the most up-to-date, tech savvy operation in the market, when in fact even the engineers and IT guys are every bit as amateurish as the beginner reporters they foist on us.
Do not waste your time! Especially when it really counts. Like in the teeth of a bad storm.
Good News Ap
We follow the station locally for news and weather information. The app is similar to the actual TV station, meaning it is predictably good. The app loads quickly and has the basic information I need for news and weather.
If you follow what is going on in Palm Beach county, the WPTV app is a trusted source that does not have some of the sensationalism other outlets have. The app consistently works well.
I have lived in PBC since 1961, have watched News 5 my whole life, have driven a tractor trailer in So. Fla for 27 years all in So. Fla the people of our Area have no idea what it takes to deliver to our gas stations, grocery stores and big time businesses, I am disappointed in the a—hole you put on the 6 o’clock news about the overturned tanker, I would like to see him do a better job, please consider your viewers when you put BS like that on the news. Thanks
- E.W. Scripps Company
- 64.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © The E.W. Scripps Company
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription - Monthly $1.99
- Premium Subscription - Annual $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.