Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The WRCB Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
What's New in Version 4.5.1
A brand new interface that brings the weather from Channel 3’s Paul Barys and the rest of the Storm Alert Team to the palm of your hand. Weather coverage that you can count on - only from Channel 3.
I got to experience just how bad this new app was this morning when I was awoken to a severe storm. I grabbed the phone and opened the app I always do. All I could find was the radar. No info on how strong the storm was, where it was moving or nothing. There's not even a description like there used to be like "strong storms early, then partly cloudy this afternoon." Nothing. Just a little sun icon that has the precipitation amount. No clue when that's gonna hit or how hard or anything.
I gave it 2 stars because the radar works and I wanna give them credit for what does work. But at his point that's not enough for this to be my go-to weather app any longer.
• No more daily descriptions for the weather
• I hate the new hourly slider
• 2 taps to get to radar when it used to open to it and included the currents on the home screen
• Storm trackers is gone
• Watches and warnings no longer pop up info when clicked
• On loading, the screen is slid down. You have to slide it up to see it. This makes no sense as there's nothing to see when it's slid down
• Future radar is gone
• According to rival and national sources, the hourly forecast is wrong.
I'll leave it at that. There's so much more I could complain about.
Radar no longer default
The new design and layout is very visually sharp and appealing. But I really don't like that the radar is no longer the default upon opening. I have to go to the menu and find it. 9 times out of 10 I open the app its to see the radar. I liked the old version where the "currents" were visible along with the radar at the same time.
Don't like new update
I use to love this app so much so when I moved from Chatt to another state I kept using this and just changed the city but now after the most recent update I no longer like it. I prefer the old versions radar, hourly forecast etc etc. Unfortunately I now have to find a new weather app because this is no longer my go to weather app! :(
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 23, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WRCB-TV
- © Copyright 2001-2017 FranklyFrankly, All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.