Write - The Best Note Taking & Writing App
By Daniel V.W
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Write is an ultimate note taking & writing app. It combines simplicity with powerful features, making your iPhone & iPad the best writing tool.
We just rebuilt this app from the ground up and now it’s so cool.
Currently used by 1.000.000+ users!
"Your app really is one of the best looking and easiest and most fun to use when it comes to taking notes, and keeping them updated through dropbox." - a satisfied reviewer
Top 100 productivity in over 110 countries!
Top 100 grossing productivity in over 92 countries!
Featured in "New & Noteworthy" in many countries!
Featured in "What's Hot" in too many countries!
This is the best app for writers!
Watch our video on YouTube http://bit.ly/Write2Video
***** "This app is great. It allows me to simplify my life and to keep so much information with me at all times. All of this with virtually no learning curve!" - Georgedr, US
Awesome App ***** "I love writing stories and this app is perfect for doing just that" - Faeriespells6, US
***** "5 stars easy for it's simple interface and style! I've already written five short stories with it!" - Curly Abby, Canada
Great App!!! ***** "After much research, I tried the Write app and, WOW, this thing is great! Strongly recommended for anyone who wants to be efficient using an iPad." - Supercritical guy, Canada
**** "This is a really elegant, well-put-together application." - Steve Rubel, US
***** "Great to use, no stupid menus or junk to clutter your screen. Really just a great app." - Jes89, Australia
What you can do with Write:
* Set font & background for each documents
* Use your own photos as background
* File, folder & full-text search + find text within a file
* Print wirelessly using AirPrint
* Sync your documents back and forth with Dropbox
* Do the fastest typing ever with auto text & TextExpander
* Synchronize your text (.txt) & markdown documents between your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Mac, Windows, Linux, BlackBerry, Android, or any devices via Dropbox
* Type & read in full screen without any distraction
* Send your writings to anyone via e-mail & PDF attachment or print them wirelessly
* Apply PIN protection to keep your privacy
* Make the best of 'Emergency Mode' to save your life
* Extended keyboard with smart quotes, smart brackets, numbering, and many more
* Words & characters count
* Easy & straight forward user interface
* Change app’s look & feel to suit your moods
* Put your documents into folders and unlimited subfolders
* Sort your writings in 4 ways
* Automatically save your documents
* iTunes file sharing
* Option to delete documents to Trash Can and retrieve them later
* Optimize the auto-capitalization, auto-correction, check spelling, undo, redo, cut, copy, paste and replace features from the iOS
* Use any international keyboards
So whether you want to jot down your cool ideas, list your to-do, capture quick notes, outline your presentations, keep food recipes, create shopping lists, write another day in your diary or journal, keep some song lyrics, do your work on-the-go and continue it again later on the other devices, or whether you are a writer who needs to write everywhere, THIS IS YOUR BEST APP!
There couldn't possibly be a better app for writing ***** "Easy and functional, makes writing far more enjoyable" - a satisfied reviewer (Canada)
What's New in Version 3.0.2
Your files from previous Write 2 are located inside the "Write" folder. Go into that folder and your files will appear there. If you're using Dropbox make sure you're connected to the internet, linked to Dropbox, and wait a moment.
New in this version:
* You can now reduce the space between paragraphs (set it on the “Under The Hood” page).
* An option to exclude title when printing and sending documents as PDF.
* Fixed bugs on the Fonts & Themes page.
* Write’s Dropbox synchronisation is now smoother, lighter, and smarter.
* Fixed “Untitled” bug when printing and sending via email as PDF.
* Fixed “Open In..” issue on iPad.
* File update and delete notification when Write is in the background.
* Various UI improvements
* Much smaller app download size.
We are still fixing more bugs, stabilising, and improving this app. We’ll provide more updates soon.
Thank you for your patience.
What’s new in v3.0:
We rebuilt this app from the ground up to present you the brand new Write.
* Write 2 is now called only Write.
* New app icon.
* New iOS 7-ish look & feel.
* Change Write app’s color theme to suit your mood.
* Individual font, font size, and background for each document.
* Now you can use any photos as document backgrounds. Even you can blur it to make a very cool background. Tap the “+” button between the background choices.
* We applied parallax & motion effects for the image backgrounds. You’ll be amazed.
* New Dropbox sync process. Now Write syncs (download and upload) all your text documents automatically. No need to download them manually from your Dropbox. Your previous Write files is now located in “Write” folder. Please take time to try the new Dropbox sync process.
* Redesigned extended keyboard.
* New way to enter Emergency Mode. Now you can simply enter your PIN backward. For example if your PIN is “1234”, enter “4321” to enter Emergency Mode.
* New FAQ page.
* Preferences page is simplified.
* We disabled WriteMate function temporarily. It will be back on soon.
As always, more requests or suggestions can be addressed to writeapp[at]gmail[dot]com.
You fixed the font and theme bug, but you still are hiding it in the share button. Why would you do that? Why is it not simple where I could set all the backgrounds the same? Every time I open a new file you are requiring me to change the background and increase the font? That is asinine. You killed the one reason I use this app so much, especially in college. It was simple, easy to read, and I loved the backgrounds. There is no settings menu. There is no menu button, you have to save a document just to get to the menu which is really stupid. Just give me a don't save button! With this update, the only thing you improved was you made this fonts harder to read. I really wanted to like this app. You basically made evernote. I hate Evernote. I wants big letters right from the jump! I want to go from idea to iPad without messing with the settings first. For now, I will be occasionally checking up on the app to see if you changed it back to the way it used to be. You should have just made it HD, changed the app icon, and added backgrounds. and In the meantime, I will be checking out other apps. I wish you the very best on this mistake.
I think that it would be nice to see how many text files you have in a folder. Like in your documents section, you will see your list of folders and files. Almost beside the right arrow where you tap, you could make it so it would show how many files you have in that folder. I also would like to see the dates modified system changed. Instead of showing, Just Now, Less than a minute ago, and so forth, I could suggest that you use actual date and time modified. In mm/dd/yyyy @ : format. Also when you create a new file, I would like to see at the top, a date and time created stamped automatically at top when you add a file to a folder. I'm big on seeing date created on files. This helps determine when you thought of the notes, or whatever. The date created is a must have for me. I strongly urge you to add this feature, and change the date modified system to what I suggested.
This used to be great app. I am a fanfiction reader who didn't want the internet to be a problem when I wanted to read. Before the update this app was perfect for everything I needed. But now, with the new update, I've hit some snags: Dropbox doesn't download everything from the app, and I know I have enough space. I also can't get the font to shrink. I was able to figure out how to change the font size and everything, but the problem is that the words run off the page instead of jumping to the next line. It is something that is extremely irritating to someone who doesn't want to reorient the screen. The app also crashes on me every once and a while, and I have no idea why. If there was a way to fix these problems I would be grateful, and I would be a much happier person. All in all, a great app, but these problems are enough to drive me up the wall. I will give five stars if these two problems are fixed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 08, 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Widjaja
- © 2011 Daniel V.W
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.