Write - A Note Taking & Markdown Writing App
By Tanmay Sonawane
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Write is a modern note taking app with a stunning interface.
You might be a writer, student, blogger or just a simple person who likes to keep things in order and make life productive, you'll love Write!
No matter where you store your notes, Write will organise and present them beautifully.
- Full Multimarkdown 4 Support
- Syntax Highlighting and a unique Rich Text Markdown mode
- Distraction free writing interface
- Beautiful handpicked fonts and support to use your own fonts
- Type Writer Scrolling
- Customisable Theme and Export CSS
- Butter smooth scrolling no matter how big your document
- Word, Sentence, Paragraph count and Estimated Reading Time stats
- Drag Drop Image/URL Support via panels
- Select to Copy HTML offers super quick way to get HTML code for a particular piece of markdown text
- Dark Theme
- Menu bar app
Tags & Syncing
- Organise your notes with tags
- Tags will be synced over iCloud with Write for iPhone & iPad
- Any tag you add via Write will be available in Finder (Mavericks only)
- Any tag you add via Write for iOS will be available in Finder
- Full iCloud synchronisation for notes and tags
- Full Dropbox* synchronisation for notes
- Ability to use Google Drive, Box.net, SkyDrive, etc to read, edit & save your notes*.
*requires respective Mac client app.
- Export as PDF, RTF and HTML
- Share over iMessage or AirDrop
- Post on Twitter or Facebook
- Customisable Export CSS
If you're facing any issues please contact us directly at email@example.com instead of leaving your remarks in reviews, we guarantee a response within 24hrs.
If you like the app please take a moment to leave a nice review, it helps us a lot.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- Fixed scrolling issues in Yosemite
- Performance improvements on Yosemite
- Minor bug fixes
We are working on some major Yosemite specific features. I highly recommend you to update to Yosemite if you already haven't.
If you find the app useful, please take a moment to give a nice rating. It helps a lot to provide you with continued support and updates.
If you face any issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of leaving your remarks in reviews.
Completely new to this, but I figured it out-ish.
This morning I searched for “book writing app” and “Write” came up as one of the 5 best. I bought a copy. Several hours later I had a simple text file with several dozen images and links in place. I sized and created composite images using Ps. I used Full Screen to stay focused: it worked. After a break I went looking for ANY information on how to use “Write”. I eventually found my way to the “Multimarkdown User’s Guide by Fletcher T. Penney. From that I learned how to *italicize* and **mark bold**. My document included two equations, but no matter how I tried I could not get Write to respond to the syntax suggested by Penney. I will have to keep looking, or find a Forum dedicated to new users. So far, so good.
Good but needs improvement
This is a very elegant, well-designed program. And the price is right. It shares many of the same features as Ulysses at a fraction of the cost.
But there are also some shortcomings that make it hard for daily use--
--You can't custom arrange notes. They either must be sorted alphabetically or by date.
--You can't merge notes or print multiple notes at the same time.
--It can be cumbersome to create new folders within folders.
--The window pop-out feature is awkward. If you pop out 2 documents, one gets lost behind the other.
These are small things, but as a writer, I find them absolutely necessary. I have written the developer several times but received no response.
Lots of bugs with Lists/Bullets
It’s pretty and the sync works well. But it doesn’t handle bullets/lists in markdown. When I need some lists indented two levels and others only indented one, it messes it up. I get phantom tabs, can’t undo or fix the strange behavior. Because I use bullets often to capture my thoughts quickly, I can’t use this. Too bad. Wish I had known it was buggy before i bought it.
Plus, I haven’t seen an update for this or the iOS version in a long time. Are these starting to become abondonware? Seems like it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 14, 2014
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Tanmay Sonawane
- © Tanmay Sonawane
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor