Write - A Note Taking & Markdown Writing App
By Tanmay Sonawane
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Write is a modern note taking app with a stunning interface.
You might be a writer, student, blogger or just a simple person who likes to keep things in order and make life productive, you'll love Write!
No matter where you store your notes, Write will organise and present them beautifully.
- Full Multimarkdown 4 Support
- Syntax Highlighting and a unique Rich Text Markdown mode
- Distraction free writing interface
- Beautiful handpicked fonts and support to use your own fonts
- Type Writer Scrolling
- Customisable Theme and Export CSS
- Butter smooth scrolling no matter how big your document
- Word, Sentence, Paragraph count and Estimated Reading Time stats
- Drag Drop Image/URL Support via panels
- Select to Copy HTML offers super quick way to get HTML code for a particular piece of markdown text
- Dark Theme
- Menu bar app
Tags & Syncing
- Organise your notes with tags
- Tags will be synced over iCloud with Write for iPhone & iPad
- Any tag you add via Write will be available in Finder (Mavericks only)
- Any tag you add via Write for iOS will be available in Finder
- Full iCloud synchronisation for notes and tags
- Full Dropbox* synchronisation for notes
- Ability to use Google Drive, Box.net, SkyDrive, etc to read, edit & save your notes*.
*requires respective Mac client app.
- Export as PDF, RTF and HTML
- Share over iMessage or AirDrop
- Post on Twitter or Facebook
- Customisable Export CSS
If you're facing any issues please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of leaving your remarks in reviews, we guarantee a response within 24hrs.
If you like the app please take a moment to leave a nice review, it helps us a lot.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- Fixed scrolling issues in Yosemite
- Performance improvements on Yosemite
- Minor bug fixes
We are working on some major Yosemite specific features. I highly recommend you to update to Yosemite if you already haven't.
If you find the app useful, please take a moment to give a nice rating. It helps a lot to provide you with continued support and updates.
If you face any issues please contact us at email@example.com instead of leaving your remarks in reviews.
Completely new to this, but I figured it out-ish.
This morning I searched for “book writing app” and “Write” came up as one of the 5 best. I bought a copy. Several hours later I had a simple text file with several dozen images and links in place. I sized and created composite images using Ps. I used Full Screen to stay focused: it worked. After a break I went looking for ANY information on how to use “Write”. I eventually found my way to the “Multimarkdown User’s Guide by Fletcher T. Penney. From that I learned how to *italicize* and **mark bold**. My document included two equations, but no matter how I tried I could not get Write to respond to the syntax suggested by Penney. I will have to keep looking, or find a Forum dedicated to new users. So far, so good.
SLOW and FREEZE typing
Over 2,000 words, typing speed goes down and down. It becomes really slow.
Write - very nice app
Nice app. I have been using nvALT, but purchased this one because of its has the ability to share notes between iOS and OS X. A few things I would like to see:
* enhanced search (a search for two words *only* finds notes with those two words next to each other in order)
* more keyboard control (e.g., switching between libraries, renaming files, honoring ESC and DELETE from delete note modal dialog box)
* ability to hide or resize the library and documents columns
* full support for iCloud Drive (currently it stores iCloud files down in the old iCloud folder structure)
* should hide markdown information for links in Rich MD mode
These are nitpicks, and I’m confident the developer will address some of these in future updates (the most recent update had a lot of new features and I have no reason to doubt additional features will continue to be incorporated). Well worth the purchase price. Keep up the good work!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 14, 2014
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Tanmay Sonawane
- © Tanmay Sonawane
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor