Write Only allows you to use your iPad/iPhone in the exact same way as a good old typewriter. It is a special app designed for people who just want to focus on writing. By separating writing from editing, it helps you focus more on getting your ideas out. Using it is like sitting in front of a typewriter and letting words flow out of your finger tips.
Everything you put down on the page is permanent. All the typing is saved as a PDF file, including the positions, the font size, and the colors that the texts come out with. No matter where and when you are going to view these pages, they will be kept exactly same as the time you typed them.
Fixed cursor sits right above the keyboard, therefore your eyes will be close both to the text you're typing and the fingers, and that can help to reduce typing errors.
You can start typing on the page at any place by tapping on that location and use any margin you want by moving the page. It is very easy to type aligned texts.
An extension keybar includes frequently used keys like ' or ; that are difficult to access in iOS' default keyboard.
Write Only is good for writing the first version of any work, especially diary or journal. When you come back to your writings years later, the shapes of the text and the errors you made will help you remember the moments of the writing.
- To delete a page, slider your finger from right to left over the page you want to remove;
- To send one or more pages, long press on the page you want to send, after the toolbar shows up, you can select more than one pages. More pages means more time to prepare. Sending multiple pages will combine pages into one single PDF document first.
- To select a different font, go to Settings app -> Write Only, choose your favorite font, then return back to Write Only, start a new page or simply restart.
fix ios 9 issues
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but vital flaw
It is a good app, but it lacks a few features that would be great.
Firstly is the ability to save these into your photos, this would be a great asset and make it quite great for writing.
The next is the option menu seems to be missing or hard to find.
Lastly, if these could be saved to a single file or to photos to be assorted into a file then we would have the organization that this app needs
How to erase
Gentlemen I can find a way to erase any letter or words. How do you erase letter or words
App Need Work
The UI could use a lot of work to give it the look & feel of typing, the ads are distracting, response is lacking.
Recommend using Hanx instead
- Chaoji Li
- 5.8 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (C) 2013-2015, Chaoji Li
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited New Pages $1.99
- Unlimited Fonts $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.