A plaintext writing app that's not your editor or mother. Features everything you'd expect from a plain text editor plus:
- Current line is auto-focused like a typewriter--even the first and last line--without sacrificing the ability to scroll. On the iPad, the focal point is keyboard location-aware. Split keyboard users rejoice!
- Swipe to move the cursor. Swipe vertically in the margins to move the cursor up/down.
- Use any available font on your device. What to write in Papyrus? By all means!
- Send to Email, Twitter, Facebook, and Omnifocus.
- Supports Dropbox.
- Trash History includes Dropbox.
- Fixed display bugs caused by iOS 8.
- Fixed a bug where tapping on "Use This Folder" multiple time quickly when saving to Dropbox would save multiple files.
Ratings and Reviews
Just beginning but very nice and here's why...
I thought this would be no good but now I think it might be just what I need because a) I actually trust plain text files and b) I like his innovative spirit to both keep it simple and do a couple of cool things namely (1) swiping to navigate and (2) centering the focus line like a typewriter which seems quirky and eccentric but which for the writer is oddly huge
Having written many many docs with the last line constantly at the bottom of the page unless you insert 80 thousand enter keys let me tell you it is a welcome innovation for indeed that feature of the word processor as distinguished from the typewriter is for all its seeming innocuousness a point of stress however subliminal
Even now as I type this I am feeling loosened liberated just by floating above the baseline gravity below, balloon like
I would give this app zero stars if I could and I hate to do this as I’ve never left a bad review for anything. I wanted a simple text editor and this seemed the perfect solution. However after working on a story for several days it suddenly disappeared. The save function is not intuitive at all nor is it obvious when a document is not being auto saved. Devastated.
This app is exactly what I was looking for! I’m not good at putting things to words but, if your looking for a simple writing app without confusing menus this is your app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.