By Serpensoft Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Writedown is a minimalistic text editor for distraction-free writing.
## Writedown for iPad and iPhone is also available on the App Store. ##
- Text editing with live markdown syntax highlighting.
- In-app preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
- iCloud sync across all your Mac, iPad and iPhone devices.
- Find: ⌘ + F
- Toggle fullscreen: ⌘ + ctrl + F
- Activate Preview: ⌥ + ⌘ + P
- Exit Preview: Esc
# Export options
- Plain text files.
- Text to HTML.
- Text to PDF.
# Please note
Writedown is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files only (like .txt and .md). Writedown doesn't support .doc, .docx or .rtf files.
# Contact us
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact us at http://serpensoft.info
What's New in Version 1.2
- Highlight engine improved.
- Preview engine improved.
- Auto list continuation added.
- Other fixes and improvements.
- Writedown now requires OS X 10.8 and higher.
Nice looking app; doesn’t seem to have full Multimarkdown support
Promising. Nice Markdown implementation, similar to Byword. However, support for Multimarkdown seems incomplete. Version 1.2 formats Multimarkdown tables OK, but not footnotes, references, or mathematical expressions that can be handled by Marked or Multimarkdown Composer. With full Multimarkdown implementation, I would definitely use it.
Simple, but it could be better
This is a simple and clean app. There’s only one problem - It has this horrendous thick cursor (aka the vertical bar), which is extremely unpleasant to the eye. A normal width vertical bar would have sufficed; there’s no need to be creative there. Oh my, I think this ugly cursor is going to give me nightmares. Argh!!!
A solid, no-nonsense, markdown editor
Typography is great, UI is simple, and the app is easy on the eyes. Well worth the price.