◉ "New Apps We Love" - Apple
◉ "A solid new alternative to text editors like iA Writer and 1Writer" - Federico Viticci
◉ "Best New App for iPad and iPhone" - imore.com
◉ "The original distraction-free writing app" - idownloadblog.com
◉ "WriteRoom for iOS lives on as Writemator" - Jesse Grosjean, founder of Hog Bay Software
Writemator is based on the source code of WriteRoom app for iOS with all bug fixes and new features.
• Based on WriteRoom source code for iOS
• Updated for iOS 12 with all bug fixes and new features
• Dropbox Sync API V2. Support both "Sync Automatically" and "Manual Sync"
• Writemator allows you to choose the folder with which you link in your Dropbox account
• Files App Integration. Open, edit and auto-save documents from any cloud service providers like iCloud Drive, dropbox, box, etc. in Writemator app.
• Support Split View/ Multitasking feature for iPad Pro
• Drag and Drop Support (for items like plain text, xml, html, URLs, etc.) of iOS (only in Split View)
• Touch ID and Passcode and Face ID support
• Search tool that lets you search for and find every document that contains your search text
• TypeWriter Mode.
• Live Word Counter.
• Keyboard Shortcuts. Toal 58 keyboard shortcuts are available (excluding iOS system keyboard shortcuts)
• Fast and powerful search inside a file to search text in a file. Works great even for a document with more than 500,000 words
• Drag-to-scroll scroll bar for quick navigation bigger documents. Just like desktop app scrolling
• In full-screen view, tap margins to move cursor toward margin (iPad only)
• Many new fonts are added like iA Writer Duospace, IBM Plex, SF UI Text, etc. More than 150 fonts are available
• Extended keyboard row with customizable keys
• Dark Mode keyboard
• Support TextExpander Touch Expansion. Updated to the latest SDKs of TETouch
• Document Picker Support. Support "Import" and "Export" methods of document picker
• Access Writemator files in iOS Files app.
• Extra app icons available to change the app icon.
• Customize your text and background color to any color, line spacing, font size to make your own writing room
• Line spacing is improved from the older version of WriteRoom. Margin option is available.
• Siri Shortcuts.
• Tint cursor/selected text/buttons/etc.
• Sort the folder list by name or date, descending.
• Hide or unhide status bar. Dark mode status bar for dark background
• Scroll headings during typing to hide headings
• Rename your document or folder
• Swipe to delete a document or a folder
• Detect links in a document
• Support text right to left (useful for writers for languages like in Arabic)
• Powerful URLs scheme support
• Hide or show file extensions ;html, css, plain text, ft, etc.
If you have any questions/feedbacks/suggestions please let me know via email: email@example.com or tweet on twitter (@writemator)
• Keyboard shortcuts added.
• App will not hide the keyboard when go to background mode. So when user will bring the app from background mode and keyboard was active, cursor position will maintained after app become active from the background mode. Not applicable for cloud files if "File Refresh on Active" option is turned ON in Advanced Settings as it make an auto-update to data content.
• Fixed the overlapping of "Done" button with long document title.
• Help Docs Updated
Ratings and Reviews
Writing a Book
This is my first experience writing a book with a stylus on a swipe keyboard, amd this is because I am increasingly unable to use a computer keyboard. This app has changed my writing proficiency tremendously. It is sophisticated yet simple. Easy to understand. Reliable. I tried other apps, and I experienced the loss of two chapters, over 25,000 words, and received no response from the developer. I'm aggression to mention the name. This app will make your writing experience so much more enjoyable for a small fee!
Sync and user experience issues
1. Dropbox sync no longer works reliably. The app sometimes syncs, sometimes not. It can require using the “Sync All Now” menu item, which I don’t recall ever needing to use with the original WriteRoom. It just worked.
2. The use of the native Files UI is a jarring user experience and redundant with respect to WriteRoom’s original, uncluttered file listing. I would rather turn it off or hide it entirely, but this doesn’t seem to be an option.
This app is IT. I have bought just about every notebook app and finally... the perfect one. Don’t change a thing!
Developer Response ,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.