WritePad for iPad
By PhatWare Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WritePad is an advanced notetaker app that lets you to take notes in your own handwriting, which is immediately converted to the digital text using PhatWare’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software. You can also use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
WritePad lets you save and transfer notes over Wi-Fi from your iPad to another iPhone or iPad, or synchronize your notes with Box, Dropbox, iCloud, Evernote, SkyDrive, Google Drive, and iTunes.
Benefits and Features
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by utilizing inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, Print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize or Import/Export WritePad documents with Box, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, SkyDrive, iCloud, and iTunes.
- Translate documents to 16 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.
Handwriting recognition is averrable as custom keyboard extension for the following languages:
- English (GB)
- Portuguese (BR)
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- WiFi (direct to device)
- iTunes (direct to PC)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
- English (UK, US)
- Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages:
What's New in Version 10.3
- Optimized for iOS 10
- Improved handwriting recognition quality and updated word dictionaries
Forward Improvement Appreciated
It's always cool to see a new version get released! Think of handwriting as being performed by Apple Pencil and you might redesign the size and placement of controls. Handwriting recognition is still lacking in interpretation accuracy and quality. This review was hand-written without any correction on another handwriting keyboard.
Here is the same review with the WritePad handwriting keyboard:
1'7'S always cool FO Seca nee version oje-] released! ln.t'nk of hanburiftn9 as being Performed Bt Addle Pencil and You might Erde5.gh the Size and placement of eonfrols. Hanlwrifing rccogni7:on is Still lacking in interpretation accuracy and quality. 517:5 review was 1zanl-written Without any correction on WritePad handwriting keyboard.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2016
- Version: 10.3
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: PhatWare Corp
- © PhatWare Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Medical Pack$4.99
- Spanish Language Pack$2.99
- English Language Pack$2.99
- French Language Pack$2.99
- Portuguese Language Pack$2.99
- German Language Pack$2.99
- Italian Language Pack$2.99
- Swedish Language Pack$2.99
- Dutch Language Pack$2.99
- Danish Language Pack$2.99