WritePad is a text editor for iPhone that utilizes advanced handwriting recognition input for the English language as well as iPhone keyboard for text entry, and includes spell checker, context analyzer, and standard editing operations such as copy, cut, paste, etc. WritePad’s primary handwriting recognition-based input method integrated with the text editor and developed specifically for iPhone and iPod Touch. It recognizes cursive, PRINT, and mixed handwriting styles.
To enter the text you can simply write with your finger or a stylus (such as AluPen by just|mobile) on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. It also allows easily switching between the handwriting recognition and the standard iPhone keyboard.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPhone. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
Benefits and Features
* Create, view, and modify text documents.
* Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
* Organize WritePad documents in the hierachical folder structure and search documents for characters or words.
* Apple Watch support - view, record, and even modify WritePad notes on your Apple Watch
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Box, Dropbox, SkyDrive, Evernote, iCloud, and iTunes.
* Select, cut, copy, and paste text between different files
* Send text files via email or transfer files from (to) another iPhone.
* Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
* Use built-in HTTP file server to exchange text files between device and desktop computer.
* Translate your documents to other languages using built-in support for Bing Translator.
Apple Watch Features
- View, Record (dictation), Modify (shorthand, dictation) and Delete notes
- Support for multiple folders
- Sort files by name or date
- Notes updated on Watch and iPhone in real time
- If you have WritePad on your iPhone and iPad, you can share note updates between all devices via iCloud
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- iTunes (direct to PC)
- WiFi (direct to device)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
-English (UK, US)
-Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages:
- Improved compatibility with iOS 10.x
- Improved handwriting recognition quality and speed
- Improved cloud sync
Ratings and Reviews
Great handwriting program
I love this handwriting note taking program. I've used this developer's handwriting recognition programs all the way back to the Palm Treo. It's great for typing notes & if you need it you can also use voice recognition. It exports & imports (sync's) notes as text files to/from Dropbox so its perfect. The best feature of all is its ability to make shortcuts for often used text or hard to write symbols. Notes can be organized into folders. You can choose your font & size & the whole screen is optimzed for space so the display looks clean & simple. Would have given 5 stars if the Search facility (on IOS 11.4) to find text in notes wasn't broken. That needs to be fixed right away. Previous versions allowed links between notes, which I miss.
Only 50 notes per folder/notebook
Apparently you can only have 50 notes per folder, but do they tell you that? No. This rating is me being generous because of the excellent handwriting recognition, but shame on the developers for not telling people up front that you can only have 50 notes! 😡👎🏻
Crashes on my watch
I used to love using this app until it started crashing. Please Fix the the problem.
- PhatWare Corp
- 33.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © PhatWare Corp.
- In-App Purchases
- English Language Pack $2.99
- Spanish Language Pack $2.99
- French Language Pack $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.