WritePad | Sync Notes with Watch and Cloud
By PhatWare Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WritePad is a text editor for iPhone that utilizes advanced handwriting recognition input for the English language as well as iPhone keyboard for text entry, and includes spell checker, context analyzer, and standard editing operations such as copy, cut, paste, etc. WritePad’s primary handwriting recognition-based input method integrated with the text editor and developed specifically for iPhone and iPod Touch. It recognizes cursive, PRINT, and mixed handwriting styles.
To enter the text you can simply write with your finger or a stylus (such as AluPen by just|mobile) on the iPhone screen in either landscape or portrait mode employing your own handwriting style. It also allows easily switching between the handwriting recognition and the standard iPhone keyboard.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPhone. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
Benefits and Features
* Create, view, and modify text documents.
* Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPhone keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
* Organize WritePad documents in the hierachical folder structure and search documents for characters or words.
* Apple Watch support - view, record, and even modify WritePad notes on your Apple Watch
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Box, Dropbox, SkyDrive, Evernote, iCloud, and iTunes.
* Select, cut, copy, and paste text between different files
* Send text files via email or transfer files from (to) another iPhone.
* Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
* Use built-in HTTP file server to exchange text files between device and desktop computer.
* Translate your documents to other languages using built-in support for Bing Translator.
Apple Watch Features
- View, Record (dictation), Modify (shorthand, dictation) and Delete notes
- Support for multiple folders
- Sort files by name or date
- Notes updated on Watch and iPhone in real time
- If you have WritePad on your iPhone and iPad, you can share note updates between all devices via iCloud
Document Synchronization support:
- Google Drive
- iTunes (direct to PC)
- WiFi (direct to device)
Supported Handwriting Recognition Languages:
-English (UK, US)
-Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal)
UI translated to the following languages:
What's New in Version 9.3
Improved compatibility with iPhone 6s / iPhone 6s Plus
Improved sync with Google Drive
Choose form 7 interface colors
A lot of potential, but needs work!
I wrote this same sentence twice; the first example is typing out the words on my keyboard. The second sentence is my attempt at replicating the first, only I used the handwriting feature. Note that if the feature offered me the appropriate correction, I would use it.
I downloaded this new handwriting app, but while I really enjoy how smooth it writes I am extremely disappointed in its ability to recognize Specific letters. This app certainly has a lot of potential and really does seem to be learning and picking up on my writing Style but still leaves a lot to be desired. For example, it refuses to learn how to write the letter d! It will put in an O almost every time that I don't write it in a very specific manner, which frustrates the hell out of me! It has a lot of potential to be sure, but until it gets a lot better at recognizing different variations in hand writing, I will not be using it very often.
I Wrote +hil fare Se nfancl twice the first efanplo is typing out fl. w,rds Or my keys.: the second Sentence is rt attempt at riplica2,hg the first,only I used tie h and writing feature. Note that if the feature offered me tie the appropriate correction, I would use it. I download., this new handwriting app, but while I enjoy how smooth it writes i as e+trinely d!Supporite1 in its ability to recognize specific lettvs. This app certainly I. has a lot o8 potential and really does seen tu be [la'nirs no picking up on my writing Stile but 5t11 leaves a lot tu be desired. For example, it refuse to learn how to write the letter d! It ul1 put in an O almost query fine that I don't write it in a very specific manner, which frustntes the hell out of ore!nIt has. lot of potential for sure, but until it gets a lot befte at recognizing different variations i- hanlrruiti,t, Z uili not be using it very offer.
Side note: it did much better with my letter "d" this time showing its real ability to learn. I am excited to begin using this app once the developers get all the kinks worked out, but it's too time consuming for serious work in it's current incarnation.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 06, 2015
- Version: 9.3
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: PhatWare Corp
- © PhatWare Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- English Language Pack$2.99
- Spanish Language Pack$2.99
- French Language Pack$2.99
- German Language Pack$2.99
- US Medical Pack$4.99
- Norwegian Language Pack$2.99
- Italian Language Pack$2.99
- Portuguese Language Pack$2.99