By University of Warwick
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
In version 1.1 - new authors, several hours of new material including video, plus audio cue and seek. Included in this release are new recordings featuring Alan Garner, China Miéville, José Luís Peixoto, Javier Cercas, Izzeldin Abuelaish, Francisco Goldman and Naomi Klein.
Over 200 recordings and 150 authors and poets. The University of Warwick has long recognised the value of hearing writers performing their own work. From the small and intimate poetry readings held in Leamington Spa in the 1970s to current sell-out events featuring authors in the Warwick Arts Centre, many of these readings were recorded and they have now been collected together online in the Writers at Warwick Archive. Listen to and watch authors reading and discussing their work, in some cases at several points throughout their careers, and enjoy a fascinating insight into the creative process of writing.
- Over 200 unique and rare recordings of authors and experts talking about the art and practice of writing
- Browse the archive by writer, period or genre, or search titles and descriptions
- Add and maintain your own list of favourite recordings
- Rate recordings and see the highest-rated recordings from other users
- Read author information and notes
- Listen to recordings in the background while you use your device
- Search titles and descriptions
The Writers app provides access to rare recordings of writers from all disciplines and includes both readings of their work and discussions which afford an insight into their creative process. The archive contains recordings of writers such as Basil Bunting, Germaine Greer and Sarah Waters, and provides a excellent resource for scholars or anyone with an interest in writing and the process of writing.
This app uses streaming audio and requires a working network connection. Please note that some of these recordings are over 30 years old and have been digitised from analogue sources such as tape, and therefore the recording quality may vary.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Audio cue and seek
- 5 hours of new audio material
- 6 new authors
- Browse by theme
- New video feature material
- Various bugfixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 11, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of Warwick
- © University of Warwick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.