WriteUp - Notes with Dropbox
By Prasanna Gopalakrishnan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"I love WriteUp" - Federico Viticci - MacStories.net
"Great little dropbox editor" - AppAdvice.com
"It's a class act" - Brett Terpstra
Meet WriteUp. Canvas worthy of your thoughts.
- Write articles, blog posts in rich text using Markdown, and preview seamlessly.
- Swipe on keyboard to move your cursor or select text. Super quick editing (iPad only)
- Built in browser to look up information.
- Copy login information, snippets of information like address with a single gesture right from the list view.
- Save draft notes in rich text, and send as email at a swipe from list view.
- Organize notes into folders, and syncs with Dropbox so your files are available from anywhere.
- Versions. Browse and restore part or complete previous versions. Never lose a note again.
- Easily move notes to a different folder in app.
- Create, edit and view text files on your iPhone and iPod Touch
- Organize your notes with folders
- Preview Markdown files with one tap
- Copy or mail a note out directly from the list view. Great for mail templates, user names you want copied to clipboard quickly.
- Find notes quickly and easily. Full body search
- Find phrases in note easily. Search inside any note.
- Move notes into other folders easily right from the app
- Available anywhere: WriteUp stores all files in your own Dropbox account, so you have the files anywhere you are
- Themes allow you to write with a color scheme of your choice.
- Solarized theme lets you have a low contrast pleasant writing canvas.
- Offline support: Upload changes to files next time you get connected
- TextExpander touch support
- Full screen editing for distraction free writing
- Copy or mail note in text or HTML format right from the list view
The app requires a Dropbox account. You can create one in the app for free. For more information on Dropbox please visit Dropbox.com.
Please contact me at email@example.com for feature requests or sending bug reports, and I will personally reply the requests.
What's New in Version 3.5
Thanks for using WriteUp. If you like WriteUp, could I please request to leave a review on the AppStore. This is the best way to let new users know of the app. Hope you enjoy the update.
# Fixes and performance updates
- Fixed an issue that caused unnecessarily frequent dropbox saves
- Fixed a bug with file and folder move
- Fixed 'Search in note' feature
- Fixed an issue where a file would show twice in the file list
- Fixed a visual bug which caused a white bar to appear at the top of the full screen preview when using custom themes
- Heaps of other performance updates
- Added FoldingText file type
- Made swipe selection off by default, to avoid confusion. It can be turned on from settings. If you already have it on, this will make no difference.
Really useful app
I've used a lot of Dropbox text editors, many of them very good. But WriteUp is great for two reasons: prioritizing documents and a built-in web browser.
Since I like to end on good notes, let me get complaints out of the way: every now and then WriteUp feels a little unstable, though I've never had a real crash. It's quit on me once or twice, but whatever I was writing is always there when I start it back up, right down to the last letter.
With that out of the way, here are my two favorite features:
If you organize documents into a few folders, WriteUp lets you pin and star them so they float to the top of your main folder and subfolder area. This way, you don't always have to drill down to start working on an existing document; they're always in front of you until you finish them and unmark the star or pin.
The web browser is also incredibly useful for writing on an iPad. Instead of having to switch between apps and lots of clunky copy-paste gestures, I can load up a page, select some text, tap a button and the portion is quoted and properly cited in my document. This is real game changer stuff. Get it.
XLent update. GR8 features. Reliable.
Very good app, and works as described plus has normal Dropbox function I am familiar with.
Editing, navigating, organizing all are EZ and smooth. Contacting support is integrated. Rare feature is ability to move notes once created in a sub-folder. Good job.
NOTE TO DEV: choose better keywords for shoppers; app deserves more users
BEST SO FAR!
i have notesy, ia writer and byword. but this one is the best.
1. sync is very fast
2. more functionalities like you can send your notes to other apps.
but it seems to have a bug running on iphone. when you change the app's setting, it won't apply immediately. you have to kill the app and restart it to take effect. please fix this!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 15, 2013
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Prasanna Gopalakrishnan
- © Prasanna Gopalakrishnan 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.