WSI Pilotbrief Optima for General Aviation
By WSI Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WSI Pilotbrief Optima: The Ultimate Flying PlatformSM!
Industry-Best Professional Weather and Dynamic Flight Planning Ensure Ultimate Flight Success!
With WSI Pilotbrief Optima, you can:
* Visualize thunderstorms with HD radar
* Plan ahead with a unique forecast radar
* Gain more confidence in your flying with WSI Pilotbrief!
* Translate complex data into action
* Plan an optimal route that avoids hazards
* Access weather on the ground or in the cockpit
* Stay aware of changes with inflight weather with SiriusXM or ADS-B
* Boldly decide when and where to fly
Fly with WSI
* Use the same high quality weather data relied upon by over 85% of North American airlines, but refined for General Aviation
* Join a community of over 20,000 commercial pilots who already use WSI Pilotbrief everyday!
Bring Clarity to Flight with WSI
WSI Pilotbrief Optima with flight planning combines all of the High Definition weather and aeronautical information that you need for a successful flight into The Ultimate Flying PlatformSM!
- A free 14-day trial is included and upon expiration you may choose from the following optioned entitled WSI Pilotbrief Optima Piston Flight Planning North America
* 3 month subscription for $29.99 (automatically renewed until cancelled)
* 12 month subscription for $109.99 (automatically renewed until cancelled)
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication."
What's New in Version 2.10.3
This release contains enhancements and improvements to support new map layers, aeronautical charts, half-degree waypoints, and account management.
• New map layers for,
- Hawaii Radar
- Alaska Radar
- Global Forecast Radar
- HailZone (Global Hazards package only)
- StrikeZone (Global Hazards package only)
• Aeronautical charts for all users.
• Support for Half-degree waypoint format, for routes along the RLatSM North Atlantic track.
• Reduced app size and more efficient memory usage.
• Various bug fixes, including:
- Correct labels for flight briefings below FL 180.
- Coverage mask for SiriusXM composite radar.
- Weather layers display correctly, even after the app has been in the background for an extended period of time.
- Correct timestamps on the animation toolbar, not duplicates.
- Listing alternates in a dropdown, when there are multiple airports in the selected route.
• v2.10.3 has also been tested on iOS 9.3.
This maintenance release includes the following bug fixes for issues that appeared with version 2.10.
• Bug Fixes include:
- Pilotbrief Optima™no longer requires frequent sign in if the app is pushed to the background while it is authenticating. Once the user signs in, they will remain signed in until they sign out.
- Forgot password function works as expected.
- Pilotbrief Optima™ no longer crashes when you display weather for airports in far northern latitudes that experience polar nights.
- Intermittent internet connection during launch no longer causes Pilotbrief Optima™ to shut down.
- Pilotbrief Optima™ remains stable when VFR and IFR charts are downloaded.
- The application now has added stability after an upgrade.
- A few other miscellaneous bugs that caused the app to close.
• v2.10.1 has also been tested on iOS 9.2.
• Enhancing the Connected Cockpit by
- Increasing resiliency, reliability and stability for Digital Flight Release (DFR) features
- Supporting SiriusXM’s AR1 firmware v12 with auto-launch option
* Please pair responsibly. Don’t pair in the air. Only pair on the ground.
• Pilotbrief looks better and runs faster. Now, there are dozens of usability and performance fixes and enhancements.
• Better weather: This version contains a new layer for Forecast Echo Tops and Ocean Tracks
• New interactive toolbar makes it easier to find, use the most popular Pilotbrief features
• Calculate distance and bearing using current position, selected position, NAVAIDs, routes and more
• When using route coordinates, Pilotbrief now supports Seconds (e.g., DD MM SS N/S / DDD MM SS W/E). Example: 435201N/0844501W
• Improved data persistence across pages and connection modes for airport weather and favorite stations
• Support for iOS9 (and deprecated support for iOS7)
• We squashed dozens of bugs. Most bothersome solved bugs include (for complete list, see Release Notes):
- Lat/Long layer selection no longer causes Pilotbrief Optima™ to shut down
- Download Manager now pops up on downloading Route Briefing - it provides feedback (status of the download state) that warns you from quitting the app before a download is complete.
- Aeronautical charts no longer stall at 95% when updating
- Duplicate saved routes no longer appear in route lists
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 04, 2016
- Version: 2.10.3
- Size: 86.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WSI Corporation
- © WSI Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- WSI PIlotbrief Optima North America Piston Flight Planning$29.99
- WSI PIlotbrief Optima North America Piston Flight Planning$109.99