Find great places to go hiking all over Washington state with the official iPhone app from the Washington Trails Association! Trailblazer lets you explore the WTA's vast trails database without being tethered to your computer.
- Search for trails by name, location, difficulty, whether dogs are allowed, whether hikes are kid friendly, and other criteria
- Create or Login to existing WTA.org account
- Sync My Backpack between devices and WTA.org
- Hikes saved in My Backpack are available when offline
- Add or Remove Hikes from My Backpack
- Alerts on Hike Details
- Submit New Trip Reports
- Like other user's Trip Reports
- View comments and write comments on Trip Reports
- Search for hikes on map
- Infinite scrolling on Hike and Trip Report lists
- View trail photos uploaded by fellow hikers
- Check the conditions on the trail with the latest trip reports from fellow hikers
- Quickly get driving directions to the trailhead
- Link out to NOAA's website to easily get current weather conditions and forecasts at the trailhead
View additional details of Trip Reports
Leave comments and "Like" Trip Reports
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The BEST Hiking App
This app is amazing. It's incredibly easy to use and has the best interface of any trail finder app I've ever used. The best part is that you can tell that the WTA actually uses this to provide tips and really good descriptions of all trails. The users of this app are active and actually post photos and very helpful and useful trip reports. It's definitely an active base of users and I think that the maintenance and design of the app is what contributes to that. It was someone at REI that told me about this app and I am still blown away. I wish there was an app like this for every state!
Highly recommend this app
The WTA app is really easy to use and it's features are not only useful but the app is reliable. I have tried other trail apps in the past but have not been happy with any of them. I use this app to find hikes in certain locations on the map and I LOVE the hike descriptions; ratings and the trial reports. I have also used the option to pull up the trailhead on maps app which is very helpful for those of us with bad road navigation skills.
Love this app! It's really helped us find trails in the area. We are new to hiking and Washington so it's been great to reference as we look for more to do as a family. I definitely recommend it especially if you're new to hiking. My favorite part is the reviews and pictures. They help you get a better idea of the area. I also like that it helps you find the locations. Not sure if it links to maps on iPhones but that would be great if it did.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.