Take the Pittsburgh's Action News 4 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the Pittsburgh's Action News 4 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Pittsburgh breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our Pittsburgh's Action News 4 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Ability to share stories via email or your social media pages
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Pittsburgh weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Pittsburgh weather alerts and updates, Pittsburgh's Action Weather 4 videocasts and more
Simple bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
This app is my favorite and the easiest for checking both the weather radar and my local forecast. But there are a several problems IMO. I don’t like that it won’t rotate when reading but especially when trying to watch a video. It drives me crazy when, after reading a couple of news stories it takes me back to the beginning instead of returning me to where I was, leaving me to have to continually scroll back down to continue with the next story. Because of this I generally read my news from another local news app then come to this one for the radar and to see if there is news not covered on the other app. Some stories stay on this app for weeks, maybe longer, and I’ve even seen one that was posted for weeks and FINALLY taken off reappear a few months later! NEWSFLASH! Those stories are no longer news! That also makes me crazy. At times the live news doesn’t work and I can’t go back and watch a broadcast I missed in between live news times. So I don’t usually bother trying.
I want NEWS not ADS!!!
This app was my go to app for local news. It works most of the time and is usually up to date, but with one of their recent updates, they lost at least one user, if not more.
I know ads support your revenue stream, and your trying to get as many people to view them as possible, but come on, do you really need your embedded ads to launch mid-story, without interaction?
I love reading the news on my packed bus into work, and while I’m reading a tragic story about what’s happening in the world today, I don’t need a random ad, that I didn’t interact with trying to sell lipstick to everyone else on the bus.
I’m fine with the accidental AD video launching when I click on it, but don’t force ADs on me that I don’t want to know more about, when I’m trying to see if it’s going to rain on me at the bus stop.
I hope they fix the app, and make it so I can get News again, but in its present form, with the bombardment of ADs, this is definitely a free app that’s a waste of space on your phone.
Great for Out-of-Towners
I live in Virginia now, but lived in Pittsburgh for most of my life. I like keeping up with weather events, current events, school issues and especially sports. When I feel homesick I can actually watch a newscast. I also like knowing the inside news on the sports teams to report to others before ESPN gets it! My only complaint is that I will get an alert and if it takes a bit before I actually can read it, the app doesn’t take me to the story. If I search it sometimes I can find it. But if I use “elderly” when the alert was senior citizen or 72 year old etc. I will never find it. You need to fix that to get all 5 stars as I see that as a big issue because I still have most of my family in the area.
- Hearst Television
- 76.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Stations Inc. on behalf of WTAE-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.