Wubbzy's ABC Learn & Play
By CUPCAKE DIGITAL INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Reached Top Ten Paid iPad Education Apps ***
***Featured in New & Noteworthy section in Education ***
*** NEW fun-filled alphabet learning app from Cupcake Digital and the producers of the Emmy® award-winning TV series “Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!”® ***
*** Learn preschool literacy skills with exciting A-Z educational activities, including entertaining games, touch and learn coloring pages and dance along music videos! ***
Wubbzy’s ABC Learn & Play is an alphabet teaching adventure that promotes the fundamentals of reading and writing in three entertaining ways! Kids will love tracing letters A through Z, playing Common Core infused alphabet games and getting creative with tap-to-paint Wow! Wow! coloring book pages and sing-along music videos featuring Wubbzy and his very best friends!
Wonderful kid-friendly features include:
- 26 A-Z Fully Traceable letters!
- Awesome Educational Games: Magic Alphabet, Fire Hose ABC’s, Bubble Letters and Dino Alphabet teach kids upper and lower case letter recognition with sweet narration and bright graphics that engage and entertain.
- Coloring Pages with multiple effects, including: spray paint, chalk, brushes, a bucketful of paint, and even 16 kooky stickers!
- Common Core Corner detailing educational experiences within the app to help prepare children for the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- 2 Sing-Along Music Videos: Let's Do It, and Wubbzy Wiggle
- Easy-to-use navigation
- Simple Tutorials that kids of all ages can understand!
What's New in Version 1.1
Bug in Tracing game fixed
I am officially a lifelong fan of wubbzy! All four of my children love this app! My 1 year old son loves to pop the bubbles on the abc game and gets so excited when wubbzy's friends cheer him for doing a good job. My three daughters, ages 3,5 and 7 feel the same way. This is a fun app for kids of all ages. Myself included. I have been playing alongside my children, helping them learn and talking to them about what they're learning.
Some good some not so good
The trace function on this app promotes incorrect letter formation on most all lower case letters and on a few upper case letters. The coloring function is difficult as it colors a part of a picture but not where my child is coloring. Also, it won't change colors on different parts of the same shape/picture. My son could not get the stickers to work. Some of the other games were fun.
One major problem
Love the concepts taught in this app. My child enjoys it too! I have one big problem with it though. Letter A, apple, does NOT say the short o sound like octopus! As an educator at the primary level, I cringe every time I hear this. I truly hope they fix this so kids don't learn the incorrect sound.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 11, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 46.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CUPCAKE DIGITAL INC.
- © 2013 Bolder Media, Inc./Starz Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.