WunderStation – Weather from your neighborhood
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We've taken weather data to the next level with WunderStation for iPad. WunderStation brings you rapid-fire current conditions, forecasts, and historical weather data from any weather station in Weather Underground's network of over 100,000 personal weather stations. View, analyze, share and compare data from local personal weather stations with elegant, customizable graphs, infographics, animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and more! Whether you own a personal weather station or you just like to dive into the data, WunderStation is the app for you!
WunderStation allows you to customize how you view and analyze weather data. Add any station from our network to your list of stations to compare current and historical conditions. Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets from the dashboard to view the data that's most important to you. Expand individual widgets and toggle between an animated infographic view or a graph view, and add layers for additional measurements to compare trends over time. In addition to the standard weather measurements, WunderStation can also chart additional sensors (indoor temperature and humidity, UV index, and solar radiation).
About Weather Underground's Personal Weather Station (PWS) Network:
Our PWS network is comprised of over 100,000 individually-owned weather stations across the globe that send live weather conditions to us as often as every 2.5 seconds. Started in 2001, the Weather Underground PWS network was developed to address the growing need for our meteorologists to gain access to more granular data. The network allows us to access weather data from actual neighborhoods, not just from the closest airport. Our meteorologists spent over five years developing and testing this revolutionary forecasting system, which leverages the constant stream of neighborhood weather data that we receive from our community of dedicated personal weather station owners around the globe.
• View current conditions from any weather station including temperature, feels-like temperatures, wind speed and direction, wind gusts, humidity, dew point, pressure, rain accumulation and rate, and moon phase
• 10-day and hourly forecasts including temperature, feels like, dewpoint, pressure, humidity, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, sunrise and sunset
• Historical highs and lows for temperature, humidity, pressure, rain accumulation, rain rate, and dewpoint viewable by days, weeks, months, or years
• Sky conditions including sunrise, sunset, total hours of day, total hours of night, and moon phases
• Rainfall totals and rain rate, with ability to set your own water year
• Customizable graphs: overlay as many or as few measurements as you'd like and compare historical conditions
• Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
• Animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and temperature
• Toggle between different viewing options: infographic or graph view
• View a map of over 100,000 weather stations in Weather Underground's network and save any station to your list
• Swipe right and left to view your saved stations
For PWS owners:
• Update your personal weather station's status to better serve others viewing your station's data
• Indoor temperature and humidity, solar radiation, and UV index widgets available for stations that have these extra sensors
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Indoor temperature and humidity are now available and for station owners with those sensors (Note: for privacy reasons, these measurements are only viewable by a station's owner when signed in)
• New Notification Center widget shows temperature, wind, and precipitation for the current station
• New Webcam widget to show a station’s associated webcam
• Streamlined the Add Station process
• Redesigned infographic for Sky Conditions widget
• Indicators for extra sensors and missing sensors, as well as a count of how many of each widget you have active per station
• Robust weather glossary
• Caught and exterminated a metric ton of bugs
• Substantial performance improvements
• More bugs squished
9 out of 10 (if it were a 10 point scale)
I got this app as a companion for a new Ambient PWS I set up. After careful location selection and calibration of the PWS, registering and connecting to the Weather Underground was a breeze. Now I've got my own channel and can check on conditions at home no matter where I am, in the house or out of the state.
My ding on the app itself is cosmetic. I don't like so much white, and I wish some customization of colors on the otherwise great interface were possible. Despite that plaint, the ability to drill down into more detail and get all kinds of additional info is great! I also like comparing my data with nearby WU reporting stations which are farther down the canyon and at lower elevation. It's fantastic to see the various microclimates and the variability of conditions just a few miles or many miles away.
As mentioned by others, Storm is a good companion app, not just for radar and severe weather, but I also find the earthquake reporting very useful here in the California Central Coast.
Weather info.... In your own neighborhood!
Knowing the weather conditions at the airport (where most weather data are collected) is nice to have if you're flying out of town, or picking up family and friends. But knowing weather conditions that are relevant to you i.e. in your own neighborhood or within a mile or so of your home is significantly better!
WeatherUnderground has been my go-to source for daily weather or following severe weather conditions. The information is presented in a common sense way providing you with everything you need to know now, later in the day, tomorrow and several days ahead.
If you want useful weather information, look no further than this App!
Extremely useful, informational and keeps me on top of my PWS
If you own a personal weather station or not this application is an excellent weather tool.
If you do own a personal WeatherStation you cannot do without this application. It is excellently done, you can see multiple weather stations in your area and around the world at your fingertips and you can see current and historical data for your own and any of those other weather stations at will. The ability to display information in multiple ways, formats and for current and historical data is very useful for me.
Well done weather underground, keep up the good work thank you!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 24, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2014 Weather Underground LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.