WunderStation – Weather from your neighborhood
By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We've taken weather data to the next level with WunderStation for iPad and iPad Pro. WunderStation brings you rapid-fire current conditions, forecasts, and historical weather data from any weather station in Weather Underground's network of over 180K+ personal weather stations. View, analyze, share and compare data from local personal weather stations with elegant, customizable graphs, infographics, animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and more! Whether you own a personal weather station or you just like to dive into the data, WunderStation is the app for you!
WunderStation allows you to customize how you view and analyze weather data. Add any station from our network to your list of stations to compare current and historical conditions. Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets from the dashboard to view the data that's most important to you. Expand individual widgets and toggle between an animated infographic view or a graph view, and add layers for additional measurements to compare trends over time. In addition to the standard weather measurements, WunderStation can also chart additional sensors (indoor temperature and humidity, UV index, and solar radiation).
About Weather Underground's Personal Weather Station (PWS) Network:
Our PWS network is comprised of over 140,000 individually-owned weather stations across the globe that send live weather conditions to us as often as every 2.5 seconds. Started in 2001, the Weather Underground PWS network was developed to address the growing need for our meteorologists to gain access to more granular data. The network allows us to access weather data from actual neighborhoods, not just from the closest airport. Our meteorologists spent over five years developing and testing this revolutionary forecasting system, which leverages the constant stream of neighborhood weather data that we receive from our community of dedicated personal weather station owners around the globe.
• View current conditions from any weather station including temperature, feels-like temperatures, wind speed and direction, wind gusts, humidity, dew point, pressure, rain accumulation and rate, and moon phase
• 10-day and hourly forecasts including temperature, feels like, dewpoint, pressure, humidity, chance of precipitation, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, sunrise and sunset
• Historical highs and lows for temperature, humidity, pressure, rain accumulation, rain rate, and dewpoint viewable by days, weeks, months, or years
• Sky conditions including sunrise, sunset, total hours of day, total hours of night, and moon phases
• Rainfall totals and rain rate, with ability to set your own water year
• Customizable graphs: overlay as many or as few measurements as you'd like and compare historical conditions
• Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets to create a customized experience according to your data preferences
• Animated wind direction, rainfall totals, and temperature
• Toggle between different viewing options: infographic or graph view
• View a map of over 180K+ weather stations in Weather Underground's network and save any station to your list
• Swipe right and left to view your saved stations
For PWS owners:
• Update your personal weather station's status to better serve others viewing your station's data
• Indoor temperature and humidity, solar radiation, and UV index widgets available for stations that have these extra sensors
What's New in Version 1.2.4
From a Meteorologist ...this is a great app!
While I like the Davis Instruments weather equipment, I've been disappointed at their options for getting weather to the Web. They have various paid options and the display is rather lacking.
Not only is this a nice interface, it is searchable on the iPad. I added my Davis Station to Weather Underground easily with a modification to the Weather Link interface that is available for Davis products and it just uploads data every 5 minutes. I can go back and look at archived data for my station and many others. ***Extemely*** dependable interface.
I have found remote stations on Weather Underground in places like the Baja that the Mexican Weather Service can't touch, no info nearby, with webcams on the Sea of Cortez, for example.
I have been a Meteorologist for 35+ years, and while this is home weather station data and has significant limitations compared to ASOS, it is useful for research/data analysis to compare and contrast. The huge advantage over ASOS is the density of citizen stations with Weather Underground. (The ASOS stations are high quality, high price stations mostly at airports.)
Weather Reports to Rely On
Living in Grand Island NY it's difficult to get a weather report accurate for the actual island rather than its surrounding areas of Niagara Falls or Buffalo. Because of the way the island is situated the weather here is not the same (and quite often no where near the same) as these other well reported areas. Being here almost 3 years, this is these reports from PWS on the island are the ONLY reports I can find specific to the island. We don't currently have our own PWS but are thankful for being able to view the data of others in this app.
Good App to go among with my Acurite weather station
This works perfectly as a backup when I double check to see if my Weather Underground site is getting info. I wish the site and the transmitter would allow you to increase the sampling rate (normally) my weather data updates around very 10 minutes. But overall it is a really good app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 12, 2016
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 24.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2015 Weather Underground LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.