WUSF Public Media App:
The WUSF App allows you to watch and listen to all of WUSF’s programs, Radio and TV!
The app provides On-Demand content of all your favorite shows, live streaming of the radio channels, PBS Kids! content with parental controls, easy access to the live Radio and TV program schedule plus the ability to explore additional content!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off. Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WUSF even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing. Watch PBS programs easily from your device, no matter where you are.
• Integrated WUSF TV and Radio program schedules
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another channel with a single click.
• Listen to WUSF in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WUSF’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When accessing programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen/watch the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WUSF Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WUSF Public Media App is brought to you by the people at WUSF and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WUSF Public Media by becoming a member today!
* Added support for iPhone X
* Improvements with video playback and displaying additional information
* Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I was furious when this app came out, because it forced me to listen to an ad before I could listen to the radio. Fortunately, I hadn't deleted the old app yet so I reverted to that. I also wrote to WUSF and canceled my sustainer's gift, because frankly I do not believe public radio should impose advertising on its listeners. When a friend told me that the the feature taking you straight to an ad had been disabled, I downloaded the new app, and I am pretty happy with it. Unlike the other reviewer, I have no trouble with going back and forth between phone calls and the app.
A downgrade from the prior generation-
Literally out of the frying pan- few days after the last review and the latest update freezes more than ever; all I want is a stream of the broadcast and frankly I'm probably going to just find an old pocket transistor radio BC the apps are getting worse.
The update constantly crashes & freezes up- doesn't smoothly transition from an interruption- call, text, alarm- back to app ... oh & forcing me to listen to the same ad over and again merely ensures I will never avail myself of those products.
As a WUSF donor I am beyond disappointed- if I could go back to the prior generation app I would.
This new version of the app plays an annoying ad for Seitenbach or 1 other company EVERY time you run the app or if stream is lost. For a non-profit like NPR, this is scandalous. DO NOT WANT. Running the old app instead. While new app has new features, it also buffers slowly compared to the new app.
*Edit* App crashed after iOS 11 update and did not work at all to play stream, for 3-4 days even with deleting and downloading app again. Very, very disappointed in local NPR station.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.