Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make the most of the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Jose, you can still follow along each day on iOS and tvOS. And because the WWDC app experience extends to Apple Watch, favorite session information is available right on your wrist.
• Watch live streamed sessions on iOS and tvOS.
• Stream or download WWDC videos from this year and previous years.
• Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another iOS device or on Apple TV.
• Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events.
• Mark schedule items as favorites.
• Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see new photos throughout each day.
• Use indoor location to find your way around San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
• Provide feedback on content and speakers for each session.
• Add your pass to Wallet for faster check-in at WWDC.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
This minor update includes the following changes:
• Fixes a crash when watching videos within the schedule tab on iPad.
• Fixes a crash occurring in the app on Apple Watch.
• Improves browsing in featured videos.
Really needs utility affordances
This is a LOT of content. Most modern video-and audio-consumption apps have playback speed controls which are essential for something like this. In a similar vein, since the info here can be a little dense, it's important to be able to scroll forward and backwards in the video. Since the scrubber doesn't tell you which timestamp you've scrolled to, this is a painfully slow and frustrating operation in this app: you need to try to judge how many scrubber pixels equals how many seconds of video, and even when you think you have it, releasing your finger from the scrubber causes it to jump somewhere else.
WWDC presentations are some of the most important documentation the community relies on: they elucidate the documentation and sometimes even contain information not available or not at all clear from the docs. Crafting this tool around that crucial need, and around the fact that this is reference material, would certainly pay off in terms of the quality of the app ecosystem.
Great way to experience conference virtually
This app has been getting better each year, and having the ability to download conference sessions to my device and take them with me is fantastic.
1) In the "Favorites" view of Videos, group by year. While it is nice to see my favorites from previous years, being able to distinguish the current set would be helpful
2) Bring back closed captions. May not be ready yet, but I miss them when I can't turn up the audio.
No floating video windows?
It's incredible to have so much valuable data organized so well in one app, thank you APPLE!
This is the standard by which other companies should hold their conference libraries to. They provide great labeling, easy accessibility and wonderfully direct, short and sweet presentations.
I'm able to switch WWDC to the background while it's audio continues to play, allowing me to take care of work and enjoy the presentations at the same time. Brilliant. Plain and simple.
Many companies throw together conference video library navigation interfaces for the web or apps, without showing much thought to the value of what the material is and how it will be accessed. Apple remains beyond reproach on this.
My only request would be a floating video window.
I've been listening to the presentations for the last two weeks at work nonstop. Thank you.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 06, 2017
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 34.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes