Make the most of the 2018 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Jose, you can still follow along each day on iOS and tvOS, and watch videos on demand throughout the year. And because the WWDC app experience extends to Apple Watch, favorite session information is available right on your wrist.
• Watch live streamed sessions on iOS and tvOS.
• Stream or download WWDC videos from this year and previous years.
• Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another iOS device or on Apple TV.
• Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events.
• Access resources, documentation, sample code and related content.
• Discover related sessions, labs, and videos.
• Mark schedule items as favorites.
• Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see new photos throughout each day.
• Use indoor location to find your way around San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
• Add your pass to Wallet for faster check-in at WWDC.
Thank you for your feedback. This update includes bug fixes and improvements, including home screen quick actions, a today widget, support for the new iPad Pro, and a “Continue Watching” collection that lets you easily find and play videos you’ve already started.
Ratings and Reviews
2018 Destroyed a good 2017 WWDC app
The new 2018 version of this WWDC app is about useless on my iPad. It violates many of Apple’s own human interface rules!
First, none of the session titles are visible (they are cut off). Second, they now use that silly (unprofessional looking) horizontal scroll where there is full bleed on the right margin. It makes it harder for the user to feel they have situational awareness of what is on the screen. Third, it is cluttered now with glyphs — we have spent 3000 years advancing from hieroglyphics — they are nice to have in small doses, but not a screen full of dozens of them. We could go on, but the overall user experience is a huge step backward last year’s app. Now, I’ve lost a great library app for all the videos through WWDC 2017. The programming idiosyncrasies of the app programming libraries are shining through in a most unpleasant way. Wow, did not expect this for the flagship app.
The app is not bad but the interface is interface is is very cluttered and there is no way to speed up the video. Of the two, I’d forgive the interface issues if I could speed through the video at 1.5 or 2x’s, slowing down for the sections that are new and unfamiliar.
Right now I’m watching the videos in WebPlayer off the developer site and marking them as viewed in the WWDC app, in the hope that someday the dawn will break, the birds will sing, and most significantly of all, the app will allow me to speed up video.
Missing Video Filters
Previously it was possible to view videos with a filter, so you could see favorited videos that haven’t been watched from a specific year, for example. This made it very easy to see what videos you still have to watch, but now it’s either not possible or I can’t find it in the UI, which I suppose is just as bad. The rest of the app seems good so I think it was just missed. Hopefully this gets added back to the video section.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.