WYFF News 4 - Breaking news and weather for Greenville South Carolina
By Hearst Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take the WYFF News 4 app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Greenville and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WYFF News 4 app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Greenville breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WYFF News 4 reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Greenville weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Greenville weather alerts and updates, WYFF News 4 weather team videocasts and more
What's New in Version 5.6.3
Important app updates, a few bug fixes and improved overall app performance. Keep your feedback coming to email@example.com!
It needs more help!!!
On the last version the weather section was awesome. Now it looks like a first grader did it. I do not want to watch ten minutes to see what I could have seen before with a quick look. There are Way To Many Alerts!!! Come on! Most days I may get up to five alerts per hour. That is way too many!! An alert should be critical news, not the score of a football game. That is regular news. A tornado warning is an alert. The only upgrade that has worked is more news on the app.
Mess up a good thing
I really liked the original WYFF app. Lots of structure and very easy to navigate Good things never last, so it was changed.
Now it is poorly structured and very difficult to navigate. Not surprising, ads have taken priority over readability. I know you need ads to survive, but as readership falls the value of ad space does also. Just not a comfortable site and I am looking more at others
Particularly frustrating is the lack of connection between teasers (notifications) and information on the site. I get a lead on an interesting item, but when I go to the site, nothing there
Since I did not give it a minimum rating, you may ask why. Pictures look very good on my iPad.
Summary: Try one of the other local stations
ADDITIONAL: After writing the above, they did some tweaking and made it worse. Must not read their own site.
Where in the upstate?
I've never seen such vague breaking news headlines by way of the abuse of the word "upstate" the way WYFF does on their app. 90% of the breaking news headlines are titled in the upstate which is a very large area. Both your local competitors at least put the city of the location of the breaking news in their headlines. I understand you want us to go to your webpage so you can get your needed revenues but this is just way over-the-top. And most of the time the story is not even on that webpage it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 12, 2016
- Version: 5.6.3
- Size: 37.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Television
- © 2016, Hearst Properties Inc. on behalf of WYFF-TV
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.