Wyndy is transforming the way parents and college babysitters meet and interact. It’s never been easier to find, book, and pay local and reliable college sitters.
For parents, Wyndy means no more running out of options, endless texts, or late-night ATM trips. For sitters, Wyndy means flexible hours, extra cash, and a connection with great local families.
- Large network of reliable college sitters
- Quick, easy bookings
- In-app job timer and secure in-app payment
- Filter through local college sitters by school, major, experience, and more
- Make a preferred sitters list
- Set up an hourly rate
- Offer jobs to multiple sitters in the order you choose with a single click
- Timer keeps track of the length of the job and instantly tells you how much you owe
- Easily and securely pay within the app
- Connect with other parents on Wyndy to see the sitters they love
- Apply online with your .edu address from a Wyndy-approved school
- Create your Wyndy profile
- Filter through available jobs by date, distance, rate, and more
- Apply for jobs that fit your schedule
- Easily and securely accept payments within the app
- Grow your network and get more jobs through in-app recommendations
WHY HIRE A WYNDY?
All potential Wyndys must apply online. As part of the application process, Wyndy verifies the sitter’s college enrollment at a Wyndy-approved school and requires the sitter to pass a background check. Additionally, sitters must provide information about their academic performance and babysitting experience before being accepted as Wyndys.
Learn more at www.wyndy.com.
- Updated landing screen UI
- Updated payment screen UI
- Update job creation screen UI
- Fix an issue that caused an app crash when trying to pay a Wyndy
- Introduce network monitoring to detect when your device doesn't have a good connection
- Performance updates and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could improve
I wish I could give 3 1/2 stars. I love the ability to try to find babysitters when this can be a difficult task. I have used the app successfully once. However I hate the fact that we cannot communicate with a Wyndy or have any contact info until after they are booked, because there are some sitters who look like they would be great for the job but they decline perhaps because they are not available. I would like still like to be able to reach out to that person to find out about their future availability and also just to ask questions about their experience etc. to see if they are a good fit. But if they decline the job there is no way to do that unless I post another job in the hopes that they can book. And I don't want to have tons of different people to babysit my child I would like to find someone on a semi-regular basis. If there were some sort of inbox system in the app like there is with Airbnb that would be great. Also it seems like it would be a good system for parents and sitters to post a short paragraph/bio of some sort. To summarize I am very grateful for apps like this but I think it could be greatly improved.
Wonderful network, app could be better
I love the Wyndy network! the concept is wonderful for us college students with transient schedules- especially upper level students with rotations that change week to week. This is such a wonderful tool! However, the app is hard to use sometimes. Also, as a sitter- I could say “I’m interested in this job” and less than 12 hours before, still have not heard from the parents. Or the job that I had been watching, got booked and I didn’t know to be looking for other jobs in that time frame. I also have a few glitches in the personal updates section. If the developers could keep upgrading and debugging this app- it would be brilliant!
Payment options are awful. They take your money.
Being able to find job in the area is great. However, they take some of the money you earn from each payment. They also charge you $3 to transfer your own money YOU made into YOUR bank account. Then, they tell you it will be an instant payment and your money will be in the bank the same day. I complete a job on Saturday and paid $3 to have my payment put in my account that same day. It is now Monday afternoon and I have STILL not received my payment. I called Wyndy who claims that my account has not been verified despite the fact I have never had this problem before. They told me I can call back tomorrow to find out when I can expect my payment from two days ago that was supposed to be an instant payment.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.