By Wyoming Department of Transportation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wyoming 511 is the official road condition and traffic information app of the Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT).
- Provides pre-trip map-based road and traffic conditions (Map)
- Displays web camera images (Map)
- Displays weather station data (Map)
- Shows users their route and mile marker location, and includes latitude / longitude (Where Am I?)
- Speaks conditions so drivers know what they can expect on the road ahead (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Alerts drivers to traffic information, including crashes and other hazards within a user-specified radius (Hands-Free / Eyes-Free)
- Updates data from WYDOT’s servers every 15 minutes when a data connection is available
- Uses GPS to provide location-based reports
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Added a "Weather Stations" layer to the map
- Added the ability to report inaccurate "hands free" road conditions
- Updated milepost and road section data
Good app but needs a tweak!
As other user reported, map turns blue. If you don't allow the your Location to be set, the default is set to somewhere off the coast of Africa. So you have to scroll back to WY. If you allow your Location, you still have to scroll if you aren't in WY! Please set location to WY!!!!!!
Good state run app
I drive the west coast and this is one of the better ones from a state. One thing I would like to see is the addition of a weather forecast, and incidents like on utah's. Overall a great app much better than the independent ones.
Have had this app for 2 weeks every time I try to open the map it just turns blue and doesn't load. I've tried wifi and even deleting and downloading it again still does not load map.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wyoming Department of Transportation
- © 2016 Wyoming Department of Transportation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.