BETTER GRADES ARE A TAP AWAY
The Wyzant App makes it easy for parents and students to instantly connect with expert tutors for in-person and online lessons.
- Find your ideal tutor: We have more tutors covering more subjects than anywhere else. Easily compare tutors and their ratings, student reviews, backgrounds, and fees.
- Instantly connect: Chat in real time. Ask tutors questions and get answers right away.
- Enjoy easy booking: See tutors’ schedules and book lessons at times that work for you.
- Track progress: See all lesson summaries and messages in one place.
- Get helpful reminders: See upcoming lessons and other important notifications right on your phone.
- Give feedback: Add a review to your tutor’s profile after your first lesson.
EXPERT HELP IN MATH, TEST PREP, AND MUCH MORE
We have thousands of professional tutors with more certified and retired teachers than anywhere else. Whether you want your elementary school child to learn core skills or need help with college level or higher classes, we can help you find your ideal tutor.
- Tutors for K-5: Help your elementary school child be more confident both in and out of the classroom. Build core skills in reading, writing, math, and studying. From help with multiplication to explaining new Common Core teaching methods, we make it easy to find the right tutor for your child.
- Middle school and high school tutors: From chemistry to calculus to history, we have experts ready to help your child succeed in math, science, and more. Help your child ace exams and stay on track for college.
- College tutors: Get last-minute study help online or take ongoing lessons for tough subjects. From economics to trigonometry, we make it easy to master difficult subjects.
- Math help: Get expert help in algebra, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and every advanced math class in between.
- Test prep tutors: We have professional tutors who specialize in helping students prep for tests, so you can be confident on your test day. Find expert tutors for PSAT, ACT, SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE and much more.
- Language tutors: No matter which language you want to master, we can put you in touch with an expert private tutor—from English, to Spanish, to French, and beyond.
- Online tutoring: We make it easy to get tutoring services right when you need them. When you meet with a tutor online using Wyzant, you can video chat with a tutor and collaborate on an interactive whiteboard that includes several robust and easy-to-use features.
EXPERT TUTORS RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
We make it easy to quickly connect with tutors and stay in touch, while you’re on the go.
SEE TUTORS’ SCHEDULES AT A GLANCE
Set up regular lesson times easily to help you meet your goals. You can also see if your tutor is available for a last-minute lesson before a test or any time you want an extra study session.
MEET WITH YOUR TUTOR ONLINE OR IN PERSON
Tutor profiles on Wyzant will tell you if a tutor offers both in-person and online lessons. Meet with your tutor where and when it works best for you.
FIND AN EXPERT ANYTIME YOU NEED ONE
With the Wyzant App for Students, you can quickly connect with new subject matter experts—from chemistry to Spanish tutors—at any time. Plus, get homework help, prep for an exam, or answers to your questions quickly and easily.
HOW IT WORKS
Start learning with your ideal tutor today.
1. Answer a few simple questions, and we’ll introduce you to the experts.
2. Instantly connect with tutors who fit your needs and your schedule.
3. Easily add your payment information and book lessons on the go.
4. See grades and confidence improve!
MORE ABOUT WYZANT
As the world’s leading tutoring network, we help more students in more places than anyone else. We’re dedicated to helping everyone achieve their personal and academic goals and provide a yearly college scholarship contest through our website.
New: No Internet connection? Our servers are not responding? (Hopefully, the latter won’t happen too often) We’ll let you know! In a prettier way than before ;)
Improved: You can now edit the lesson time when you request a lesson. This is what actually makes sense (d’oh). Also, if somehow your network connection changes while playing a recording and end up on mobile data (whooopsieee), you will be informed.
Fixed: The ‘Login or Create Account’ button from Instant Book is, again, functional. As it should.
Ratings and Reviews
Ms. Jodi was so amazing. We feel like she properly assisted us in what we had questions and now we have a better understanding. We feel a lot better going into our test and will update her once we receive our test scores back. She was really nice and funny which made it fun to learn and used analogies that made sense to help us understand the curriculum a lot better. We will definitely be back for tutoring in the future. 🤗
Sounds like Ms. Jodi was exactly what you needed, KSade'J! Definitely let us know how you did on your test, although we're sure you aced it.
I was hesitant, at first, when I did not see other reviews on Edward’s profile. He was available at short notice and my son needed a tutor. I decided to give him a try. I am glad I did. He’s an A+ Tutor. He is knowledgeable, patient and an excellent instructor. He boosted my son’s self confidence and broke down the concepts in a way that my son could understand. Don’t hesitate to hire this tutor. He comes highly recommended. He is a gem — a rare find!
Thank you so much for the kind words and review! We're thrilled to hear that Edward was a great fit for you and your son's needs - here's to many more lessons with Edward and Wyzant!
I tried to search for a tutor for a few weeks. Everything felt impersonal and the tutors did not seem to have their lives together and some seemed to only care about money. I wanted a tutor to help me improve my reading skills but their cookie cutter approach did not cut it.
Info about their background and experience was no accessible on the app (If it even existed). All you could do was "trust" a stranger to help you from across the country. Reviews don't cut it for me. I can ask my family and friends to review me and make up stories. I guess you can't expect much from an app but it was a waste of my time and patience.
Since it sounds like you had a really poor experience I don't think there's much I can say to change your mind about us, but I apologize that we weren't able to serve your needs. As a platform for tutors to advertise their businesses on, the match between a tutor and a student is really important to us, and we try really hard to get the fit right. Sometimes it just doesn't work, and it's really a bummer.
Tutors have to get approved by us to even advertise on the platform, and they list all of their experience and details in their profile. Further, they have to take tests through our site to tutor the subjects they want to work with students on. Finally, the reviews can only be left by students who have had actual lessons they've paid for through our site, so they cannot be padded by their friends and family.
I can understand the apprehension about working with strangers you find online, which is why we offer an online platform that allows you to do it from the comfort and safety of your own home, and we offer a Good Fit Guarantee that will refund the first hour of your first lesson, no questions asked, if you feel that the lesson was not good for your needs.
Again, I absolutely understand if this just didn't work for you, but I hope that if you decide to give us a try again, we are able to help you with your needs. If you ever need more personalized assistance, our Customer Support department is always available to help you find the right tutor for you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.