Tokyo Game Show "Best Indie" Nominee, created by former developers of SEGA, Square Enix and Capcom, X-Tactics ("Cross-Tactics") is a full blown Tactical JRPG, with no timers or paid healing, that mettles your tactics and strategy skill. Combined with GPS-based real world weather and other small easter eggs, every day provides a different challenge!
X-Tactics is an episodic Tactical RPG updated weekly, which combines turn-based tactical gameplay with an original fighting game inspired puzzle/command skill input system, and team mechanics to create a new style of fast paced, yet turn-based, strategic gameplay.
In a world, similar to our own, but one where top-secret government agencies and secret societies, maintain the peace and world order by manipulating the truth, news and history. You are in charge of the 7th branch of X-12, one of the most influential secret organizations in the world, commanding a ragtag cast of secret agents, adventurers, and treasure hunters, and it is you job to keep the Truth behind the many Conspiracies, Paranormal Activity, Aliens and Cryptids under control so the masses can continue in peace with their daily routine.
=== X-TACTICS FEATURES ===
- Free to play as much as you want! No stamina or waiting on silly timers!
- An original RPG made by former developers of SEGA, Square Enix and Capcom.
- Turn-based tactical game with real time puzzle & fighting game elements.
- In-game battlefield conditions affected by real world location and time
- A wide cast of original characters each with their own special abilities and story arcs.
- Turf Wars mode where players challenge other players in PvP for control of real world “Turf”.
- Hundreds of missions within all difficulty levels, both for shorter and longer play sessions.
- Constant updates and themed events containing new characters, costumes, stories and secrets!
=== NEW CONTENT & IN GAME PURCHASES ===
Our goal is to reward player engagement by allowing a large majority of content in X-Tactics to be accessed for FREE by simply playing the game! Accessing special missions, character upgrades, boosts, and items is done by buying them using the in-game Cash, earned primarily by defending your town through GPS missions. We also constantly add new Agent characters. Please note however that all Characters are balanced against each other, X-Tactics is not pay 2 win. Premium Agents exist to bring new combat mechanics to the table. X-Tactics prides it self in not being a stats game, our expert testers can clear practically all missions with Level 5 Agents and their sharp Tactical skills, and the proper weather conditions!
Also unlocking Premium Agents opens up their own unique missions and storylines. To purchase new agents we now use the X-Coin system, which allows players to pay to directly unlock new Agents anytime, or to login daily to accumulate enough X-Coins to unlock the Agents for free. However your Purchases will also remove ads and help us keep adding new content for everyone on a weekly basis.
= DISCUSS X-TACTICS =
*** New Agent ***
Chloe, the Insect Charmer
Other balance and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It’s one of those quirky gems that are so rare - tactics fans try it!
Think Final Fantasy tactics with GPS and weather elements implemented into the story and strategy. it truly reminds me of RPG's that put a lot of effort and work into both story and gameplay equally. A great game that you can pick up do a few missions and put down while on the go I highly recommend it to anybody that likes turn-based strategy or anyone who enjoyed Final Fantasy tactics. also all anime fans will enjoy this game as it has great animation storyline and original characters. So worth, Best couple of bucks I ever spent.
The future of GPS strategy mmo
What Google did with Ingress and Parallel Kingdom to start a Mobile genre, X-Tactics expands on with team based tactical battles and visual displays.
I have only begun to play but I can easily see TSG fans enjoying this gem. The characters are anime-esque but the theme is something out of the X-files with conspiracy coverups.
Battles consist of match 4 types of medals into sequence to activate a skill but if you drag over an enemy defense you lose your entire turn. Which adds a great sense of "do i risk the bonus at the cost of losing my turn." Also instead of just losing a turn because your movement isnt far enough, they added assist boost and self boost to end your turn; creating a support system inherent in the battle/movement system.
Overall great game.
- GAMKIN Inc.
- 109.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © GAMKIN, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $2.99
- 105 X-Coins $8.99
- 10 X-Coins $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.