X2Pro Audio Convert
By Marquis Broadcast
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
X2Pro Audio Convert integrates Final Cut Pro X into the professional audio workflow. It easily moves audio projects to Avid Pro Tools via AAF with embedded or referenced audio media. X2Pro converts an FCP X XML into an AAF file which Avid Pro Tools can open as a session, delivering seamless integration between the two applications.
The AAF has also been successfully imported into Steinberg Nuendo, Merging Technologies Pyramix and Apple Logic Pro X.
X2Pro has a simple to use, user interface and built in help.
Taking advantage of the innovative Roles features in FCP X, X2Pro allows you to choose how these are converted to tracks; their order, packing and whether they are included, allowing sound designers to start working immediately.
Media can be embedded in the AAF (and trimmed with handles to minimise file size) to create a single, simple to transfer, file. Alternatively the AAF can reference external media which is ideal when FCP X and ProTools have access to the same shared storage.
Those who do not need the advanced functions of referenced, trimmed media, or close control of the conversion of Roles, can look at X2ProLE which is a lower cost version.
X2Pro faithfully translates your audio timeline along with L-cuts, J-cuts, transitions, levels, automatic gain and fade handles, as well as the incredibly powerful FCP X compound clips. Transitions are converted into linear cross fades. Audio media can be any QuickTime supported audio, non-PCM audio is converted to PCM at either 16 or 24 bit.
R3D media is supported.
Multicam Clips are effectively translated taking across the audio of the selected angle. Auditions must be finalized first before exporting the XML to X2Pro.
X2Pro gives a clear warning when it comes across elements of a sequence which it does not translate such as time maps and effects.
We recommend rendering an off-line or proxy version of the flattened video and exporting that if a reference is needed within Pro Tools. Only audio media is translated by X2Pro.
• FCP X, 10.0.4 to 10.1.4 only and XML 1.1
• X2Pro runs on OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8), Mavericks (10.9) or Yosemite (10.10)
• Pro Tools v7.0 or later for AAF import (not LE versions, v7 and v8 require Digitranslator for AAF import)
The screenshots show the same project in FCP X and after conversion in Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Pyramix.
X2Pro Audio Convert is a cutting edge conversion application for delivering FCP X projects for audio finishing.
X2Pro uses Marquis Media Highway technology to integrate FCP X into the established professional audio workflow. Marquis Media Highway is the core technology employed by Marquis’ media integration products – it improves how broadcast production systems interoperate by delivering a seamless and cost-effective integration between leading broadcast content applications. Marquis Broadcast specializes in content workflows and media integration software and has been delivering solutions to broadcast since 1998.
Since X2Pro utilised Apple QuickTime under the hood, it is subject to the same licence restrictions as QuickTime Player X. For example, Dolby Digital AC-3 audio (found in some consumer camcorder footage) cannot be played by QuickTime Player X, although FCP X will import and play this media. In this case, the media will need to be converted to LPCM audio on import into FCP X.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
• Bug fix related to upgrading from X2ProLE to X2Pro
• Inclusion of latest R3D SDK (v5.2) to allow support of current R3D devices.
• Implemented scripting support which allows FCP X to share straight to X2Pro.
• Improvements to the Media Location page of Preferences (links directly to help on web, better display of paths).
• Changed default behaviour of a fresh installation to embed media rather than generate an error when requesting an AAF which references media (this will not affect users who upgrade - existing settings are maintained).
• Several minor bug fixes.
• Added feedback button to allow users to get in touch more easily.