This innovative app is for students whose institutions participate in the XanEdu Folio-X custom publishing service. Students should login to their myXanedu account to download their course materials into the XanEdu iOS App and begin experiencing the exceptional difference that XanEdu offers!
The XanEdu App requires version 8.0 or later of iOS on your device. To update to the current version of iOS, plug your device into your computer, start iTunes, and follow the on-screen directions.
Study and collaborate more efficiently by accessing your XanEdu digital course materials on an iOS device. Designed for students, the XanEdu iOS App makes viewing, managing, and interacting with XanEdu custom course materials for higher education easy and efficient.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
* Navigate your course materials in a familiar environment that was designed specifically to support how students access and study course material
* Highlight, underline, and take notes with a variety of advanced options and customization features to make the app your own
* View course materials online or offline for anytime, anywhere access
* Expand charts and graphs for easier viewing with the touch of your fingertips
* Use the “Back Button” to easily move between text and reference materials within the app
* Maneuver through your course materials easily with two and three finger gestures
* Save valuable time by clicking on hyperlinks to XanEdu Course Pack Extras – spreadsheet versions of popular business case exhibits used in most MBA classes; you will no longer need to re-key information to prepare for class discussions
* Powerful collaboration features allow you to export your notes and highlights to classmates or instructors and then view imported notes and highlights from others alongside your own
* Print your materials, highlights, and notes with the convenience of AirPrint. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. With just a few taps on your iOS device, you can have your materials in hand if needed.
* Search across all material in your personal learning archive, including XanEdu titles, notes you take, and notes imported from colleagues and team members
* Students with myXanEdu accounts can log in and download course material directly from their accounts
* Export PDF files to an email or DropBox account
Ratings and Reviews
Deletes highlights for no apparent reason. This app is horrible. I have not been able to highlight and go back to anything for months now. I spend most of my time trying to export the readings out to something useful like Notability. This app is a total waste of my time.
Works in a pinch, but frustrating to use as advertised
The app has a way to go.. While it is convenient that I don't have to be online or use a passcode to unlock the files every time I have to read (like on a computer), the highlighting feature needs some work.. When I try to highlight, it doesn't always work, and sometimes when it does, it's hard to select... there should be a fix in place that it selects the entire word at first when you're highlighting, as I constantly have to be playing to get every single letter.
Swiping to move to the next page also takes a few swipes, as it often just moves me around the PDF page as well.
Last big bug found so far, is that it won't allow me to print the whole document, with or without my highlighting (which I worked so hard to do!!). If I can print online, why can't I print from here? Surely there should be some check or flag in place for it? So I resorted to printing everything online, and then highlighting my sections the old fashioned way.
C'mon XanEdu, this is supposed to be a convenient way to make us more efficient and productive!!!
Room for improvement, but getting there
They came to my school and we provided them some feedback on how to improve. They are not there yet, but the new version is MUCH better than the previous iteration. Plus, they have some things where their hands are tied due to copyright issues, which is why a lot of the HBR articles are shown in PDF which is awkward to say the least to view in the app. Otherwise, I look forward to future updates.
- XanEdu Publishing, Inc.
- 57.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010-2017 XanEdu Publishing. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.