XBMC Touch - Remote Control for XBMC
By Vulcan Technologies, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
XBMC Touch is a remote control app for the iPad that allows XBMC users to access and control their XBMC Media Center. XBMC Touch features a simple, visually appealing, intuitive layout that makes it fun and easy to browse, search, and play media via XBMC.
XBMC Eden or Frodo.
- Support for multiple XBMC devices, with the ability to switch between devices from the app
- Integrate cover art for movies, TV shows, and music
- Browse movies and TV shows by:
- Browse videos by navigating files on the XBMC device
- Browse music by:
* Top 100 albums
* Recently added
* Recently played
- Browse pictures by navigating folders
- Search for media by title
- Use pivot links in metadata to find related media (from a movie that features Brad Pitt, view other media that also features Brad Pitt)
- Control all types of XBMC-supported media types using a full assortment of playback controls
- Play music:
* Use a live playback queue to manage music playback
* Add albums, tracks, or playlists to the queue
* Edit the queue on the fly by adding, removing, and rearranging
- Play pictures:
* Play from a folder as a slideshow
* View pictures in XBMC Touch on the iPad as they also play on the XBMC display
* Simultaneously watch a picture slideshow while listening to music with separate control of each
- Play video
* Use incremental seek quick-jump buttons to go forward or back by 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 3 minutes
* Access trailers for movies and watch them on the XBMC display
- Wake the XBMC device over the network
What's New in Version 1.0.4
* Audio playback bug fixed within albums (Play could trigger the the wrong track in some cases)
* Queue window stays up to date better now.
* Audio tab searches include artist matches now.
Best Layout of ALL the xbmc remotes.
Im usually very pessimistic about apps. But this is genuinely by far the best organized xbmc app.
File search, control functions are consistent and laid out exceptionally well.
one recommendation, i would like the option to move (hold and drag) the tabs. Also perhaps hide ones i dont use, or replace them with other things i use such as streaming web videos or favorites.
I have had this app for 5 days. Using it with a Raspberry Pi and it is awesome. Set the skin on the Pi to Quartz and this app excels even more. Set up your movie library and even better giving you all the cover art, movie info, actors etc. 5 stars for sure.
Need to hide the password
By far one of the best XBMC remote with tons of features but don't understand why the password is saved in clear text.