By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Groove brings you all the music you love, every way you want it.
• Add your MP3s to OneDrive and play them wherever you go
• Download playlists, albums, and songs from OneDrive to enjoy your favorites even when you're off the grid
• See at a glance what's available where (online, offline, both)
• Discover new songs, albums, and artists right from your iPhone
• Play ad-free music from one of the biggest music catalogs on the planet
• Add songs, albums, and playlists to your Groove music collection and access them from your phone, Xbox, PC, tablet, and the web
• Listen to radio stations based on your favorite artists
What's New in Version 3.4.50903
Key updates for this release of Groove include the following:
Various bug fixes
My third-Edit: Needs major improvements
1 star: this app is straight garbage 👎 💀💩💀💩
2 stars: These playback issues are going to make me cancel my subscription. This is getting ridiculous. "Sorry we can't play this track" on files downloaded to my device with DRM? Is this a joke? The vanilla app functioned better which I rated 3 stars.
Now that those issues have been fixed, I would like to note others...
•Occasional playback crash, not full app crash.
•If I have downloaded the song, why isn't there a "seek" function?
•Playlists tab needs to be easier to manage. Current "list" format is cluttered. If you're just going to list them, make them smaller. Wasting time and real estate with Tiles.
•Can we get a recently played or album/song/artist history tab? Just like the info with Radio.
3 stars is a generous rating. This does the job, yet there are major stability issues.
How to "glitch:"
Click "Play" on any song, don't wait for song to finish initial loading, exit to home screen. The song will never load.
Select a playlist, begin playing songs, try to change song by clicking individual song, app will then play that song and discontinue playback.
Load times between songs are far too long.
This could potentially be a very good app. Instead it's frustrating.
This app is great but something is going wrong
I've use this for a long time even when it was Xbox music. But once Apple started doing a monthly subscription service recently as of the last two weeks this app will no longer scream music. I've had to sign up for Apple music for the next three months it's free I plan to cancel because I already have an Xbox subscription but I am very upset that I can no longer scream groove music or use it over my Apple Watch currently. Please fix this it is more on the side of Apple then it is Microsoft but I would like to use the services that I pay for.
Missing key features
Syncs well with OneDrive, but hard to download music for offline use, the Search feature just doesn't work, and forget about being able to sort or edit the files. Every time you add a song to a playlist, it automatically refreshes to the top of the list-very frustrating that you have to keep scrolling down. The shuffle option is hard to use-you have to pause the music before hitting shuffle (or something like that, I still can't figure it out) for the shuffle feature to really work.
All in all, a very underwhelming app. Unfortunately, there aren't that many other options, so I guess I'm stuck with this one until something better comes along, or Windows seriously upgrades.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 3.4.50903
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.