By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xbox Music brings you all the music you love, every way you want it.
• Add your MP3s to OneDrive and play them wherever you go
• Download playlists, albums, and songs from OneDrive to enjoy your favorites even when you're off the grid
• See at a glance what's available where (online, offline, both)
• Discover new songs, albums, and artists right from your iPhone
• Play ad-free music from one of the biggest music catalogs on the planet
• Add songs, albums, and playlists to your Xbox Music collection and access them from your phone, Xbox, PC, tablet, and the web
• Listen to radio stations based on your favorite artists
Xbox Music Support
What's New in Version 3.0.50709
• Various bug fixes
Everything and More
Just in time, too. On the brink of my switching to Apple Music, Microsoft has updated this app with key features and bug fixes that have been severely lacking before today. It's now optimized for my iPhone 6, includes full offline libraries, and brings together all my MP3s that I have stored in OneDrive (that's over 30 GB btw- no way I can store that on my phone). And better yet, I can stream all this to my phone. I already use this app on my Xbox One and have wondered why this app has been so lacking, but now all my complaints are gone. The app is smooth, clean, and does everything I need an app to do with MY music- not some cloud matched version of it.
Was good. Now useless.
This service is great...when it works.
I've been a subscriber to Xbox Music for over a year now and have had no complaints. But over the last few weeks the app will only play one song and then crash. I use it on two devices and the same thing happens on both. One song...crash. I kept thinking it might change with an update, but I recently updated the OS on both and it still happens. At the moment I'm paying $10/month for a service that doesn't work. The thought of switching to Apple Music is a chore, building a collection and playlists from scratch again, but if an update doesn't come out soon fixing the crashing problem I'll be forced to switch.
Edit: Got the new update last night (July 9) with high hopes. It still crashes on my iPhone 6 after one song. This is useless.
Edit2: FINALLY got an update that works. Now it's back to working properly. Than you! I adjusted my rating accordingly.
1 song then crash
Update: The app doesn't crash after every song anymore. It did crash as I skipped a couple of songs in a row, but it is working much better now.
XBox music offers a large collection of music, but this app stinks. It will only play one song and about 10 seconds of the next and then it crashes. Pushing play only starts the cycle all over again. Also, I find the UI of all the various XBox music apps (iOS, XBox One, web, etc.) to be very user UNfriendly.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 3.0.50709
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.