By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1610.1118.458
• Clubs – Clubs are gamer-created and managed groups that can help you meet people and grow communities of gamers who love the same things you do. You can search for the best club for your or check out recommended clubs in the Clubs section on your PC or mobile device. As a Club admin, you’ll have the tools to ensure that everyone is having a great time and help create a lively and inclusive environment.
• Looking for Group (LFG) - Need to find players to help unlock an Achievement, complete a weekly quest, or build a team? Xbox Looking for Group allows you to post a “want ad” that other players can see and answer. Each post can contain a description, number of players needed, and searchable tags. You can tag a post with communication and playstyle preferences like “Mic required” or “Cooperative”, Achievements you want to pursue, or custom tags created by the community for each game. You can use your mobile device to create posts and confirm applicants, or search posts and request to join.
• Group Messaging - Message your friends like never before with Group Messaging! Start a new thread with multiple people in the same conversation or share activity feed content to an existing conversation.
Great XBox Companion
This app is a great Xbox companion! Cant find the TV remote but wanna watch Netflix? That's ok! This app allows you to control the volume as though you had the TV remote and then use it as an Xbox controller and fast forward, rewind, pause and select just without ever turning on a controller. Have friends that you only interact with via xbox but want to keep in touch? Use this app to turn your Xbox inbox into a personal message hub where you can communicate with your Xbox friends at work, or out at the mandatory Christmas party you didn't want to go to. All while keeping up to date on all the recent achievements of your buddies. It does every now and then crash which can be frustrating and I had to uninstall and reinstall once to make it reconnect to my Xbox at one point but overall, fantastic app and definitely a commodity for the Xbox fan and enthusiast. Enjoy!
Update: Still Garbage.
After the update the notifications are WORSE. Didn't fix any bugs except the crashing.
Edit: WHY DOES THIS APP SHOW YOU AS ONLINE!
that's extremely annoying to the people who have you favorited, they get notified every single time you come online with the app and then when you close it you're "offline" again. Whose idea was that!? It's horrible. Get rid of it!
The new update, once again, removes more things than it adds. (What happened to message time stamps guys?!) Freezes in the message window all the time and no notifications since updating. Don't put out an update that doesn't work!!
The notifications are a nightmare, they added a new tab under settings for different kinds of alerts but they uncheck themselves at random every time the app closes (and it resets itself all the time) so you end up with no notifications. I've additionally been having a problem where I will receive the message but it will have no sound or vibration on my phone. It's not my phone, everything else works normally.
Just don't update Smartglass at all anymore, every single time they add 1 or 2 new features but destroy the functionality of the rest of the app.
That's pretty bad for a company as big as Microsoft. Shame.
Awful required update
This new required update is awful. I use the app mainly to be alerted to messages sent by friends. However, the app no longer beeps unless a: my device is unlocked and b: Smartglass is running, which means if I turn off my screen to save power, I won't know I have received a new message unless I am staring at a blank screen. Previous versions allowed beeping/vibration with the app closed and my device locked.
The worst part is that I was fine using an older version until it said I had to update to continue using the app. The older app versions still alert me to incoming messages, so now I need two devices to use this app - One to alert me if new messages and the second to respond using the "new and improved" (yet totally broken) app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 28, 2016
- Version: 1610.1118.458
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.