By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1706.0712.1247
• Share your Looking for Group posts to your messages and Activity Feed
• Support for in-game clubs
• Set the language and location for the Xbox App independently from your device settings
XBone messaging problems now affect the iOS app, too
Being able to reply to messages from within the App is a godsend: the XBONE message interface is clunky, slow, and slow loading. Microsoft: let us plug in a USB keyboard to the XBOne, please?
App has improved somewhat, but still lacks some missing "meat and potatos" features that should just work, but don't.
1. messages, when sent, light a "message waiting" indicator in IOS on the app on the IOS desktop, and then light an MWI inside the app itself.
However: often the "MWI" at the top level on the desktop disagrees with the MWI in the app. So you'll think you have a message waiting, open the app, only to find no message waiting.
2. MWI gets "stuck" where, inside the app, even though you've opened everything you can find, read all messages... you still see a waiting MWI indicator inside the app. Nothing you do will clear the MWI.
3. if you have the app installed on multiple devices (phone, tablet), reading a message on one should mark it as read on all. it doesn't. So you read a message once, then have to re-read it again on all other installs to clear that same dang message everywhere. "Dang Double Delete".
4. App should allow you to issue and respond to party and game invitations, given how poor and interruptive those are to the in-game experience on the XBone. It doesn't, which is an odd oversight.
Wish it could launch and find my Xbox One faster
My main use for this app is as a remote control for my Xbox One when watching tv, blu-ray, media player, Netflix, etc. It's fine that it has so many other features, like seeing your friends and getting news updates or whatever, but I never use them.
There used to be more problems where I could not get the app to connect to my Xbox One to use it as a remote, but that seams to be working much better now. Might be an update to this app or something on the Xbox. Either way, I am happy it works better now. Thanks!
The best app
Thank you for making the best app. It's the best app because I'm the kind of person that is always on my Xbox and sometimes my controller is low on battery so I put the controller on charge and use the app as the controller. I love that I can text my friends with out having to close the game and can just text them from this app. All the app needs to make it perfect is a my games and apps tab so you can check what percentage the game or app your downloading is at and select the game you want to play and stream it to your Xbox that would make the app the best.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 14, 2017
- Version: 1706.0712.1247
- Size: 115 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.