By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1612.1213.1222
• Clubs – Clubs are gamer-created and managed groups that can help you meet people and grow communities of gamers who love the same things you do. You can search for the best club for your or check out recommended clubs in the Clubs section on your PC or mobile device. As a Club admin, you’ll have the tools to ensure that everyone is having a great time and help create a lively and inclusive environment.
• Looking for Group (LFG) - Need to find players to help unlock an Achievement, complete a weekly quest, or build a team? Xbox Looking for Group allows you to post a “want ad” that other players can see and answer. Each post can contain a description, number of players needed, and searchable tags. You can tag a post with communication and playstyle preferences like “Mic required” or “Cooperative”, Achievements you want to pursue, or custom tags created by the community for each game. You can use your mobile device to create posts and confirm applicants, or search posts and request to join.
• Group Messaging - Message your friends like never before with Group Messaging! Start a new thread with multiple people in the same conversation or share activity feed content to an existing conversation.
Good but not great
Only a few games I own currently have the ability to use the XBOX One companion app, like Madden17. I can view opponents offensive and defensive patterns and hot players, even play history. The down side is the app can be slow to respond. While watching replays on the XBOX1, you can't view the stats I listed above until the replays end. By then I'm scrambling to develop a strategy for the next play, before the play clock runs out. You can also pick suggested plays from the app which I thought would speed up the play selection, but again I'm waiting for the app to update so I can strategically select my next play. After a few Delay of Game penalties I decided to just select plays the from the traditional Madden playbook on the XBOX1. I know it seemed innovative to be able to use the app like a coaches play card allowing the player to feel more involved in the gaming experience, but the app is only working 60% of the time and the app lagging between plays can be very frustrating. All in all, good idea, but it falls short in the execution. My XBOX One is hooked directly to the router LAN, which boasts 75mbps ⬆️ & ⬇️. App is on IPhone 6S with all current updates for the phone and app, I even took care to close all other apps and adjusted settings to minimize background apps on the phone. Keep working at it Microsoft maybe an app update can fix the problem.
Bring back the previous version
So after the latest update weeks back my iphone app just constantly locks up whenever i open it and click messages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. It works fine on my ipad mini 2 but on my iphone 6s plus it wont download messages and says i only have 6 when really i have more than i care to count lol. The app opens and logs me in but right when i go to the messages section thats when the app just takes a crap and either locks up completely or sometimes if i let it sit long enough it crashes. These updates are leaving people like me unhappy :/. Before the new fancier look the app worked great. The only good thing about this update is notefications work perfectly on my iphone 6s plus but whats the point if i cant even view the message without having the app crash on me?? Im reinstalling it once more and if that doesnt fix the issue idk what to do!
Edit moments later - i uninstalled the app on my iphone 6s plus and when i reinstalled it fresh from the apps store the app showed the notefication icon over it and still had my login info saved...which should have happened because i removed the app from my phone. This app is storing info elsewhere that cant be removed and that could be causing my issues but how do i remove cached info if im not a jailbreaker?? This whole thing is effed up!!
From the interface to the usefulness of each tab this app delivers. I hardly do reviews but this app deserves it, I use it constantly and probably always will. Some functionalities seem absent however they are mainly for the 360 which is well out of the Xbox One apps way. A few features i would like to see implemented are the abilities to Accept and send game invites, Quit current game (If your controller dies you are unable to leave), and Game clips sorted by those edited and unedited. The few minor bugs i experience are - The messages freezing upon exiting and resuming the app which extends the load time for messages despite being on the page. The way i get past this is to go to the menu and back to messages reloading the whole tab which fixes instantly., Some messages fail to send which could be from anything but a way to retry the message is in place but hardly works, I copy the message and exit the tab and reselect messages and paste it for the messages to properly send.
Additionally an improvement to the loading of the Message page which seems to freeze commonly.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 1612.1213.1222
- Size: 111 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.