XCOM Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
XCOM, the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit - humanity’s last hope.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organization responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
• A beautifully realized re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
• Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
• Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
• Recruit, customize and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
• Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
• Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
• XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
Important information regarding XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 15GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and NVIDIA 8xxx series. The following graphics cards require 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400 and NVIDIA 320M.
• You can find out more about the game on the XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/xcomenemyunknown
© 1994-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 2K, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, XCOM, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, and their respective logos are trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2013, Epic Games, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Scaleform® software, © 2013 Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, and Scaleform are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. DTS and the DTS Symbol are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. and DTS Digital Surround is a trademark of DTS, Inc. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
• Fixes a bug that prevented XCOM: Enemy Within from launching on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Great, wonderful, can’t put it down!
Ultimately, the revitalization of the xcom series helps set this game (particularly the re-re-imagining of the game via Enemy Within) as one of the best turn based games of the last few years (you don’t have to take my word for it, check out any game rating site, or meta critic).
This game is worth every penny. It’s one of those games where you may have other, blockbuster, fantastic games to get into… but all you’ll want to do is play XCom. Seriously though, get the enemy within expansion pack. It re-tells the game the way (I suspect) the original developers wanted to, but didn’t get the chance to do because of crushing deadlines for launching the original XCom enemy unknown.
Found a solution for crash on startup
The game kept crashing on startup before reaching the initial splash page. The crash log indicated an issue originating in ‘DNSServiceProcessResult’. I completely disabled internet acess on my computer and it proceeded to start up fine. It appears the problem was originating when the game was attempting to connect to Game Center. Re-enabling internet access while playing the game still appears to cause it to immediately crash. Alternatively, logging out of Game Center appeared to also fix the problem. Notably, my internet connect is otherwise working fine outside of the issue occurring with XCOM.
Awesome Strategy Game…Definately get the add-on
Love this game. The only issue is when apple puts out a new Operating System. I would highly recommend getting the add on for this as it enhances the fun. For those that already have it and found it crashing since the upgrade to El Capitan I guess there is some issue with Game Center. For me I had to log out of game center to get it to load and work. Otherwise, there seems to be no issue. As for this game being repayable…YES. Once you unlock second wave you can customize the game to make it a bit more difficult, fun and definately frustrating at times. As we all know…the computer cheats.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 05, 2014
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 13.55 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 1994-2013 Take-Two Interactive Software. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- XCOM: Enemy Within$29.99