By XE.com Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Convert every world currency with the XE Currency App – Free Edition. It offers live proprietary currency rates, charts, and even stores the last updated rates, so it works when the Internet doesn't. This popular app has received 20+ million downloads, appeared as an app of the week on iTunes, and been featured by the BBC, the LA Times, CNN, and The Travel Channel!
* LIVE CURRENCY RATES & CHARTS
- Every world currency & precious metals
- Live proprietary rates refresh every minute
- 30,000+ currency charts for historic rates
- Rate high & lows for multiple time frames
- Calculate prices with the currency converter
- Simultaneously monitor up to 10 currencies
- Our rates are trusted by millions of people
* PERSONALIZE YOUR SETTINGS
- Shake your device to reset rates
- Set the frequency of rate updates
- Turn currency symbols on or off
- Pin your base currency to the top
- Add a widget to your notification centre
* USE IT OFFLINE
- Stores the last updated rates
- Convert prices without internet access
* XE CURRENCY PRO NOW AVAILABLE
- Get XE Currency Pro – also available in iTunes!
We want to make XE Currency better.
Please send feedback to: email@example.com
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Here is what we’ve been up to:
- No one likes old rates, so our widget now updates automatically every hour
- Have you used our XE Rate Advisor? It's looking spiffy with new UI changes
- We have also squashed some pesky ad bugs
Let us know your thoughts by leaving us a review or rating.
XE Currency Chums
This is a wonderful app---although not exactly as intuitive as one might expect. It took a few tries to figure out how to delete currencies and get around "1.0" being the default value for currencies like the yen (¥) and won (₩)(amongst others) which use the hundredth and thousandth places respectively as their basic "dollar" exchange value. In addition the exchange rate update lags once in a while.
Other than those minor things, conversion is a cinch, one can list currencies by popularity, keep a list of up to 10 favorites, etc. and the app even allows one to compare historic currency rates (very convenient).
Better than most converters
I downloaded the XE Currency application, in addition to Oanda and I find the XE more accurate, almost in real-time, whereas the Oanda app only updates once each day and is not worth using. I hope XE can also work into this the various rates: Interbank, 1%, 2% ATM and Credit Card rates. But it is superior to most and worth downloading and using on a daily basis.
I travel frequently overseas and have been using this app on a regular basis for several years. I am not a currency trader but I believe it has saved me hundreds of dollars. Functionality is outstanding. I would put it in the top 10 percent of all the apps I use and have used. If you do any international travel, this is a must have.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: XE.com Inc.
- © 2014 XE.com Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.