By Dag Agren
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Xee is an streamlined and convenient image viewer and browser. It is similar to Mac OS X's Preview.app, but lets you easily browse the entire contents of folders and archives, move and copy image files quickly, and supports many more image formats. It also shows animation for formats which support this.
It is designed to take full advantage of touch controls, allowing you to swipe through images in a folder one by one. You can of course also zoom and rotate files using multi-touch gestures.
Xee can also display huge amounts of metadata from image files. For this, it uses Image::ExifTool, one of the most comprehensive metadata libraries.
Loading images directly from archive files is also possible, and Xee works very well as a comic book reader.
Xee offers multiple visual styles. This allows you to, for instance, pick one which is less distracting while sorting through photos.
What's New in Version 3.3
* Added Share menu option to share images through mail and social networks, and also to add them to iPhoto and Aperture. (Only available on OS X 10.8 and up.)
* Much improved loading speed for large images.
* Fixed crashes and graphical distortion on computers running OS X 10.7.
* Added Style tab in preferences, that allows changing the window and loading styles, as well as changing the background colours.
Xee as a Windows Photo Viewer Replacement
Zee works great. I was looking for a Windows Photo Viewer Replacement. This is it. You can even reassign keyboard combinations to mimic the Picture viewer functions. One feature I like is its ability to make each picture view in full screen. I created a keyboard shortcut for this as well. The only thing I wish it had a “Back” function. I’d like it to take me to the original file directory to view another set of pictures.
Please also provide 2 more features
1. A thumbnail strip in fullscreen view (maybe bottom or right to screen) , so that I can quickly select which image I want to view.
2. Pre-load next-and-previous images, this is helpful when reading image files from a NAS drive
Other than that, it is perfect. Best feature I like is that I can easily move images around different folders.
Simple and extremely useful
This is a great little app. Used it for years. Lets you quickly browse images in a folder, unlike preview in which you have to add each image to the app for it to view. For people coming from PC to Max Xee replaces many common viewers on windows such as ACDC.
Happy to spend 3.99 on Xee.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 19, 2013
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dag Agren
- © 2012-2013 Dag Ågren
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor