Sessions takes surfing, kiteboarding and windsurfing workout tracking to the next dimension with 3D GPS analytics that capture waves, jumps, airtime and more! All with your Apple Watch.
Do you love to surf? Do you want to track your surfing sesh with amazing data, accuracy and results in beautiful graphical metrics?
Do you love to kiteboard, boost big air and do downwinders? Track your kite sesh with speed, GPS pathway, distance traveled, calorie burn, jumps, airtimes and more!
Love to windsurf? Sessions will track your windsurfing sesh with speed, distance, jumps, airtime, calorie count and more.
Leave your iPhone behind and capture it all using the sensors in your Apple Watch.
Sessions uses a proven surf analytics engine to analyze your surfing in realtime, capturing all aspects of your ride but without any technical hassle. Just tap 'Go Surf' and go surfing! During your session you can glance at your watch to see the last wave data and after your session you can review all your waves. Was it worth sharing? Share your session summary with graphical overlays on a killer photo to your favorite social media platforms, iMessage to all your fiends.
For kite and windsurf, Sessions monitors your speed, altitude, location and more. Jump as high as you can and capture jump heights and airtimes. Ride as fast as you can and Sessions tracks your speeds, travel distance and GPS pathway.
Close your rings with your surfsport as a workout with Apple's HealthKit to tie in your heart rate and calorie burn during your sessions on the water.
View your session summary stats with Sessions beautiful Wave Rings after every session to see how you did!
- Track every wave caught. Take off point, distance, duration and speed.
- Keep track of wave attempts. Even missed waves have valuable data.
- Track every jump. Where, when, how high, and how long you were in the air.
- Track the speed and distance covered in your session.
- Keep an eye on your health with heart rate tracking and caloric burn while surfing.
- Review your session in the iOS app with maps of all your waves.
- Share your sessions with friends in iMessage and on social media with photos, overlaid stats and claim your best wave, highest jump, fastest speed or most epic session!
- Compete with surfers, kiters and sailors around the world for the longest wave, highest jump, best airtime, fastest run, distance in session, fastest wave and most waves per session (depending on your sport) with Sessions Leaderboards!
- Hit a personal best and get rewarded! The famous golden Shaka lets you know when you're killing it!
GPS BATTERY IMPACT
Sessions app is made for Apple Watch Series 2, 3 and 4. Sessions uses your Apple Watch GPS and other sensors to track your surf/wind/kite sessions. Note that GPS and sensor use will impact your watch battery when in use. We value your ability to use your Watch after your session, so the Sessions app keeps an eye on your battery state, and if your battery gets below 10%, the app will stop your session and save your data.
Added support for Apple Watch Series 4.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant concept that doesn’t work
I use it for surfing and the main issues are that it does not accurately record each wave and it often confuses an attempt to catch a wave with a wave caught. Frequently it does not capture anything at all and what it does capture rarely transfers to the phone.
This app feels like it is trying to do too much for too many sports. Some concerted effort on making sure that the basics work, like recording the data in the first place, and reliably transferring this to the phone, would go a long way to turning this app around. I keep it on my watch in the hope that the next update will address these; but as of August 2018 it hasn’t been updated for eight months. Hoping the developer comes back this at some point as it’s such a brilliant and useful idea. If it worked properly it would be an app worth paying for.
I want it to work, I swear!
Some information seems to work (speed, time, distance) sometimes it doesn’t (3 hour session I paddled 265,000m? I doubt it) and never once has it transferred to my phone. Even after the latest update that “fixed” that issue it still has yet to sync (and those sessions are lost, no tracking other than a short overview in activity). Upside it does time track waves so easy to check Surfline camera at that time then getting a rough guess. Doesn’t really track waves under 3’ though. I want to like this more, like a lot more. Group of coworkers have the app and want to get more metrics, specifically area surfed but at this point, open water swim may just be the answer. Would revise review if the app was fixed.
Wish it would work
This app deserves zero stars. I wish it would work but it’s just worthless. I’ve used it approx 8 times on my Apple Watch 3 with cellular and it doesn’t track anything besides time and calories. Doesn’t sync with my iPhone, doesn’t Track GPS, doesn’t track jumps and is completely frustrating. Tonight the gps showed me kiteboarding in the Congo in Africa!! I would upload a screen shot if they would let me - literally my gps track showed the Congo and Gabon in AFRICA - and I live in America. Its unbelievable how horrible this app is. The developer needs to fix this app because it has so much potential.
- DCT Technologies, inc.
- 57 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © DMIStudios
- In-App Purchases
- Sessions Surf $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.