By Xerox Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xerox PrintBack enables printing Microsoft Office and Apple iWork documents, PDFs, photos and more from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to the default printer on your computer.
PrintBack extends the printing capabilities of your Mac or Windows PC. PrintBack uses an online service (Dropbox, for example) to transmit the print job from your device to your computer, where it is printed to the default printer.
By using your computer, PrintBack delivers prints with uncompromised color and output quality – you will see no difference between prints from your computer and from your mobile device. PrintBack supports the types of office documents you most often print from your computer – PDFs, Microsoft Office and Apple iWork files, photos and more, and it supports printing email and web content using cut and paste to the clipboard. And, any default printer is supported – regardless of manufacturer, technology, or connection type.
HOW TO SETUP PRINTBACK
1) Download the Xerox PrintBack agent from Xerox.com and install it on your Mac or Windows PC
2) Select an online service:
• Cloud-based storage – if you already use Dropbox on your computer, PrintBack installation will automatically complete. If you already use Box, simply input your log-in information during PrintBack agent setup. If you are not already a user, visit www.dropbox.com or www.box.com to sign up and then resume the PrintBack agent installation (if using Dropbox, be sure to install the Dropbox client on your computer before continuing).
• Web-based email – Xerox recommends using a dedicated email account with PrintBack, so first setup a new email account at Hotmail, MSN, Live, Gmail, Yahoo Plus, or AOL and then enter your log-in details in the PrintBack agent
3) Install the PrintBack app on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad and follow the setup instructions
HOW TO USE
In the PrintBack app:
• Photos – print from the photo library on your device
• Photoshoot – automatically print photos as you take them (camera-enabled devices only)
• Clipboard – prints the content most recently copied to the clipboard
When viewing on your device:
• Choose “Open In…” and select “Xerox PrintBack”, confirm print job settings and press “Print.:”
• If “Open In…” is not available (as in Mail or Safari), simply highlight and copy the content you want to print, open the PrintBack application, and open the Clipboard tab
Print Settings include:
• Number of copies
• Photo Size (photos only)
• Hold Print – holds the job at your computer until you return to release it, keeping sensitive documents from sitting in your printer output tray
• Save a Copy – Downloads – saves the printed file to your computer’s downloads folder
• Save a Copy – Dropbox or Box – saves the printed file to your account
• Save a Copy – Save Only – does not print the job, only saves to the selected location
To learn about other mobile solutions from Xerox, visit www.xerox.com/mobile.
For troubleshooting/support, please visit www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-printback/
If you have feedback regarding Xerox PrintBack, please email us at Xerox.PrintBack@xerox.com
What's New in Version 1.3.3
- iOS 8 support
- Bug fixes
I can print from Dropbox and it works great, but I need to be able to print emails and it won't work because they have forgotten to put the "Clipboard" tab in. Pretty limited without the ability to print emails or web pages!
I'm missing the tabs on the bottom of the app. It only gives me the choice to print pictures. No clipboard.
Same problem: no clipboard. Forget emails or web pages.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 07, 2014
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Xerox Corporation
- © 2012 Xerox Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.