Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 123 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 183 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 123 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• iOS Files app support allows you to create and manage folders
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
• iOS 11 Files app support enables you to create and manage custom folders
• Files app (iCloud) import now allows for multiple file selection
• Fixed a bug where touches on the screen edges were ignored
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Music Studio is a very capable DAW
I have to say I'm impressed with this app! It has a lot of useful features such as built in midi instruments (and a lot to choose from too) as well as audio tracks to record from a microphone or line in. I really like the Inter App Audio support so you can record audio from other music apps and virtual instruments you may have installed on your device.
Here's why I couldn't give it five stars: when I record audio tracks, it will record the wave, but it won't play the sound when I play back my recordings. I can't get the audio tracks to "play" even though the waveform is there. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Or is it a glitch that needs to be updated? I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy because I really do like this app. I just wanted to bring this problem to someone's attention just in case they're having the same problem.
Best DAW on IOS for the price
The midi export/import functionality is top notch. The only complaint I have is the wireless server option. I feel like that is not needed and we should be able to toggle it off. I am normally not one to produce a full track on my phone, but if I need to this is a wonderful app for on the fly projects. It's also universal. On the iPad it stands up to apps like Cubasis in terms of functionality. It does not have the professional tools like Cubasis. The built in effects are decent and you have the option of using third party apps. It is it a fraction of the price compared to the competition. Much better than using GarageBand. One thing it is missing is built in synthesizers, but it tries its best with decent sounds.
Awaking and Priced Fairly
I have spent some mega bucks on some big name musical daws and sound packs when many different kinds of music are represented in the this paid version. Seriously, with the small price you get some great sounds. When heard about this at first, I was like ok it would just be another throw away freebie piece of crap but tried the free version and was amazed. I was even more amazed at the cheap price to go to pro! This app plays well with others and works quite well with my midi keyboard which I can not say about some many high end other apps. Definitely worth it even if you only like 1/4 of the styles offered. Works on my iPad Pro and actually has a sizeable keyboard and pads that works great on my small iPhone 8, as well!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Alexander Gross
- 953.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- 60 Instrument Bundle $6.99
- Electro Pack $3.99
- Band Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.